• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a field "Margin" that is populated via a field update formula that is part of a work flow rule.  This  method is used because the underlying formulas were too long to put directly into a formula field.

The underlying field update formula refers to two other fields ("Total Premium" and "Risk Premium") that are also updated via a work flow driven field update formula.

Problem:  Wnen the "Margin" field updates, it does not populate with the current information, it uses pre-update data.  Its almost as if "Margin" field update rule runs before the other field update formulas and as such, puts in old information.  The intersting thing is that the underlying update driven fields "Total Premium", and "Risk Premium" populate correctly.  There must be some rule around the order in which field updates occur.  

Can anyone assist with this problem?

Darin

I have set up a flow using Flow designer to capture new member details.  At the end of the flow, the information needs to create a parent record then create a child record from the information captured.  I have no problem creating the parent via the "Insert Data Update"  The child record requires the Name field.  To get that data, after creating the parent record via Insert Data Update, I assign the parent ID to a Variable Element.  I then use an Insert Data Lookup to search for the newly created parent record then assign the Name field to a variable element name Master Account.  I then have a Insert Data Update to create the new child record and assign the Master Account element to the required field in the child account.......Its not working.  The parent account gets created but the child account doesnt get created.  I either get "Malformed ID" or an Input String " " error.  

How do I get around this issue?

I am new to Apex Coding.  I'd like to create a trigger that creates a new child record every month on the same day.

I am trying to generate a current billing record which is a child of the master which is a member data record which has the monthly billing amount.  On the first of every month, I'd like to autocreate a new billing record.

Can someone send me in the right direction...I believe there may be more than one way to achieve this.

Thanks

I have set up a flow using Flow designer to capture new member details.  At the end of the flow, the information needs to create a parent record then create a child record from the information captured.  I have no problem creating the parent via the "Insert Data Update"  The child record requires the Name field.  To get that data, after creating the parent record via Insert Data Update, I assign the parent ID to a Variable Element.  I then use an Insert Data Lookup to search for the newly created parent record then assign the Name field to a variable element name Master Account.  I then have a Insert Data Update to create the new child record and assign the Master Account element to the required field in the child account.......Its not working.  The parent account gets created but the child account doesnt get created.  I either get "Malformed ID" or an Input String " " error.  

How do I get around this issue?