• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am need of creating a validation rule that automatically closes a case when case status is set to "T1:Closed and T2:Closed.

They also want to see the close case layout page so they can input their reason to close. (This is the page that you see when you click on the close case button within the case tab). 
  • April 24, 2015
Users want a validation rule that allows them to close cases automatically from the following status also to see the case close lay out page so they can enter the resolution notes. They don't want to have to click on "close cases" to close out a case. 

T1: Closed
T2: Closed

• April 24, 2015
I am looking to create a trigger under the Cases tab I have two pick lists "Tier Level" which updates "Tier Status" ( I had assistance with creating a a valdiation rule) for this. Since I can not delete the traditional "status" field I need to create a trigger so that when the user makes a selection on the Tier Status pick list it also updates the standard "status" field.

Under the cases tab we have created pick list called "Tier Level" with the following values:

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Quality Assurance

I have also created another pick list called "Tier Status" with the following dependent values:

T1: Open
T1: Work in Progress
T1: Pending Customer Response
T1: On-Hold
T1: Closed
T1: Reopened
T2: Open
T2: Work in Progress
T2: Pending Customer Response
T2: On-Hold
T2: Closed
T2: QA Info Request
T2: Work in Progress (T3/QA)
T2: Solution Sent from T3/QA
T2: Onsite Support Required
T2: Reopened
T3: Open
T3: Work in Progress
T3: QA Recreated
T3: Assigned to Development
QA: Open (Triage)
QA: Work in Progress (Triage)
QA: Open (Test)
QA: Work in Progress (Test)

Tier Level is the "controlling field" and Tier Status is the "dependent" field. I created a validation rule for this dependency. Unfortunately we can not delete the standard field called "Status" which is located under the "Cases" tab. 

We will need to create a trigger for when the Tier Status is updated it fires and updates the standard field "Status". This way the user doesn't have to manually change both the Tier Status Field and Status (standard) field. 

User-added image

• April 22, 2015
I am in need to listing Accounts under the Leads tab BUT I need to be able to list hundreds of accounts associated with one lead and track custom fields along with it. I can not create a master detail for these tabs Salesforce won't allow it. I was advised to create a sublist but how do I go about doing that?
  • February 27, 2014
I am in need to listing Accounts under the Leads tab BUT I need to be able to list hundreds of accounts associated with one lead and track custom fields along with it. I can not create a master detail for these tabs Salesforce won't allow it. I was advised to create a sublist but how do I go about doing that? 

• February 27, 2014

I have created a custom tab called "engagements" where users can add minute minutes it also houses a custom object (related list) which they can click "add members" button and add contacts to this related list. The "Members" custom object currently has a look up going to contact and engagements.

I have also have created a look up relationship that connects it to "organizations". I have a related list in "organizations" that I am looking to have autopopulated once a "member" is added under engagements. I was told by developer support that I need to create a trigger but, don't know where to start.

• April 07, 2011

My current custom object "Member" related list has a look up field linked to organizations (account) but, need it to autopopulate the related list within organizations. Essentially would need to create custom button to have the account field populated.

• April 04, 2011
I am need of creating a validation rule that automatically closes a case when case status is set to "T1:Closed and T2:Closed.

They also want to see the close case layout page so they can input their reason to close. (This is the page that you see when you click on the close case button within the case tab). 
  • April 24, 2015
  • February 27, 2014