• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I also posted this under the REST API Integration Discussion board, but not sure if that's where it belongs, so here we go:

I'm trying to develop a solution in Java that uses the Bulk API to import objects into SalesForce and I'm following the Bulk API developers guide (located here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/index.htm).

In the example, references are made to a BulkConnection class.  I can't get this class to resolve...

I'm using the wsc-20.jar and the partner.jar generated from our Partner WSDL, but I can't find BulkConnection anywhere.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• May 19, 2011

I have a simple example:

Every time we create or update a Lead, I'd like to send back data from the Lead object to our proprietary company software to evaluate a Lead and assign a score based on their attributes.

I'd like to have a custom field in the Lead object, called Score, that gets updated with this value.

I have an Apex class that I generated from our company's WSDL, and I'd like to make a callout from this class (which will send data from Salesforce to our company, and the return value would be an Integer score value) everytime the Lead is created/updated, but triggers don't allow callouts.  They allow method calls with @future, but @future restricts calls with primitive parameters, so I can't pass in a Lead object in order to update its fields... :(

It doesn't appear that workflows or buttons allow calls to Apex code to do this either... racking my brain for the last few days... 

any thoughts on what direction I should go to accomplish this task?  Thanks!

• April 27, 2011

I'm trying to generate an Apex class from an external WSDL and am following the steps laid out in the developer docs.

I go to my app, click on "Setup", then "Develop", then "Apex Classes", and the next step says to click on the "Generate from WSDL" button, but there is no such button.  What am I doing wrong?  This should just show up by default, right?

I have the system administrator role and have pretty much every permission in the book so I'm inclined to think it's not a permission problem... please help!

• April 20, 2011

I also posted this under the REST API Integration Discussion board, but not sure if that's where it belongs, so here we go:

I'm trying to develop a solution in Java that uses the Bulk API to import objects into SalesForce and I'm following the Bulk API developers guide (located here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/index.htm).

In the example, references are made to a BulkConnection class.  I can't get this class to resolve...

I'm using the wsc-20.jar and the partner.jar generated from our Partner WSDL, but I can't find BulkConnection anywhere.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• May 19, 2011

I have a simple example:

Every time we create or update a Lead, I'd like to send back data from the Lead object to our proprietary company software to evaluate a Lead and assign a score based on their attributes.

I'd like to have a custom field in the Lead object, called Score, that gets updated with this value.

I have an Apex class that I generated from our company's WSDL, and I'd like to make a callout from this class (which will send data from Salesforce to our company, and the return value would be an Integer score value) everytime the Lead is created/updated, but triggers don't allow callouts.  They allow method calls with @future, but @future restricts calls with primitive parameters, so I can't pass in a Lead object in order to update its fields... :(

It doesn't appear that workflows or buttons allow calls to Apex code to do this either... racking my brain for the last few days... 

any thoughts on what direction I should go to accomplish this task?  Thanks!

• April 27, 2011

I'm trying to generate an Apex class from an external WSDL and am following the steps laid out in the developer docs.

I go to my app, click on "Setup", then "Develop", then "Apex Classes", and the next step says to click on the "Generate from WSDL" button, but there is no such button.  What am I doing wrong?  This should just show up by default, right?

I have the system administrator role and have pretty much every permission in the book so I'm inclined to think it's not a permission problem... please help!

• April 20, 2011