• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to access $ObjectType dynamically, e.g. $ObjectType['Lead'] or $ObjectType['Custom_Object__c'].

That syntax clearly doesn't work, but I'm looking for something that lets me build a visualforce interface without necessarily knowing what object I'm working with.

I know I can write custom controller logic to handle the describe calls, but if this is possible, it would make the code cleaner and more easy to maintain.

• June 05, 2011

I have a complex visualforce page in which *all* of my <ol> tags are rendering as <blockquotes>.  In the page source, there are many <ol> tags and no <blockquote> tags.  In the rendered HTML, it's the opposite.

I don't even know where to begin looking for a solution -- thoughts?

Benj

• June 03, 2011

Is it possible to access $ObjectType dynamically, e.g. $ObjectType['Lead'] or $ObjectType['Custom_Object__c'].

That syntax clearly doesn't work, but I'm looking for something that lets me build a visualforce interface without necessarily knowing what object I'm working with.

I know I can write custom controller logic to handle the describe calls, but if this is possible, it would make the code cleaner and more easy to maintain.

• June 05, 2011

I have a complex visualforce page in which *all* of my <ol> tags are rendering as <blockquotes>.  In the page source, there are many <ol> tags and no <blockquote> tags.  In the rendered HTML, it's the opposite.

I don't even know where to begin looking for a solution -- thoughts?

Benj

• June 03, 2011