• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We use custom settings in a SalesForce app. We access it like so:

MySettings__c settings = MySettings__c.getOrgDefaults();

This was working fine, but today the app completely crashed. By that I mean the page doesn't load at all, I just get a white screen telling me an internal error occurred. We traced it down to this line of code - when it is commented out the page loads as well as it can without those settings (but at least it loads). 

Running that single line of code in the System Log (using the Execute functionality) also causes a report of Internal System Error. The only thing the system log reports is "FATAL_ERROR Internal Salesforce.com Error." The Apex code modal reports "Internal System Error: 1018505045-332 (-920440070)"

The setting has values for the organization - we've also tried deleting the settings and recreating them to no affect. So far SalesForce support has been no help beyond telling us to try posting here.

This is very frustrating as it was working fine on Friday and today it was broken before anyone touched anything.

I have 7 triggers - they are all at 100% code coverage according to the Develop -> Apex Triggers page save for 1 at 76%. 

When I do a "Run all Tests" from Develop -> Apex Classes I am sitting at 85% code coverage. 

However, when I try to upload my package it fails with a "Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required."

What gives?

I would like to use static resources but I need to reference them from a home page component. Since you can't (easily) use Apex in a home page component, how would you go about doing this safely? Is there a hardcoded URL that won't have stale cache issues? Even if there wasn't - is there an easy way to get the correct URL if this component is part of a package - meaning that I don't know the domain it will be on or even the hardcoded path programatically?

Oh, BTW, you guys should really make it much easier to use VisualForce in a narrow home page component. Only being able to use raw HMTL has driven me to have to create some crazy workarounds and hacks. Also, the editor for that thing makes me hate lie, FYI.

We use custom settings in a SalesForce app. We access it like so:

MySettings__c settings = MySettings__c.getOrgDefaults();

This was working fine, but today the app completely crashed. By that I mean the page doesn't load at all, I just get a white screen telling me an internal error occurred. We traced it down to this line of code - when it is commented out the page loads as well as it can without those settings (but at least it loads). 

Running that single line of code in the System Log (using the Execute functionality) also causes a report of Internal System Error. The only thing the system log reports is "FATAL_ERROR Internal Salesforce.com Error." The Apex code modal reports "Internal System Error: 1018505045-332 (-920440070)"

The setting has values for the organization - we've also tried deleting the settings and recreating them to no affect. So far SalesForce support has been no help beyond telling us to try posting here.

This is very frustrating as it was working fine on Friday and today it was broken before anyone touched anything.

I have 7 triggers - they are all at 100% code coverage according to the Develop -> Apex Triggers page save for 1 at 76%. 

When I do a "Run all Tests" from Develop -> Apex Classes I am sitting at 85% code coverage. 

However, when I try to upload my package it fails with a "Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required."

What gives?

I would like to use static resources but I need to reference them from a home page component. Since you can't (easily) use Apex in a home page component, how would you go about doing this safely? Is there a hardcoded URL that won't have stale cache issues? Even if there wasn't - is there an easy way to get the correct URL if this component is part of a package - meaning that I don't know the domain it will be on or even the hardcoded path programatically?

Oh, BTW, you guys should really make it much easier to use VisualForce in a narrow home page component. Only being able to use raw HMTL has driven me to have to create some crazy workarounds and hacks. Also, the editor for that thing makes me hate lie, FYI.