• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi,

I'm working on a Developer Sandbox and when  I'm trying to post a file to chatter using the "Select a file from Salesforce" option  I'm getting the following error :

Error ID: 238647078-12423 (-925515682)

did anyone else tried this ?

I spent some time trying to fix a test method that was failing on a developer sandbox and finally when I tried to reproduce the behavior using the standard UI I got the previous error.

thanks in advance,

hi,

We have an app in a managed package and we built a test environment so our test code makes use of this data. But when we try to install our app on customized orgs we sometimes run into issues regarding validation rules and other restrictions made by the sys admins.
how do you usually solve this? We came up with what we thought would be some possible solutions but want to know if we might be missing something.
- remove the onInstall=true from every test method
- remove the creation of standard objects and rely on org pre-existing data.
- document specific details of the standard objects we create, for example state that a the first name of the contact created in our test environment will always be PACKAGE_MYAPP so the sys admins can modify the validation rules to avoid this records.

thanks in advance,

Hi,
We have a trigger on User to keep track of UserStatus posts, it worked ok until we updated the metadata api to version 24.0.
The documentation says that from version 24.0 and later, test methods don’t have access by default to pre-existing data in the organization  .
Now in testing context, when we query FeedItems inside our trigger on User "after update"   we can not find in the database the records although we have just updated the user currentStatus.
We had to add the "@isTest(SeeAllData=true)" annotation to the test in order to access the data created during the test method execution.
Perhaps I disregard something, but I don't think adding the annotation shouldn't be necessary in that context.

So our conclusion is that though we created the records inside the test context when we are executing the user trigger the platform thinks of this records as org pre-existing data.

Did anyone else run into this issue?

thanks in advance.

hi ,
I have a Developer edition org and though I can see messages in the chatter tab, I can not access the objects, the following code throws an error (running the code as sys admin) :

SObjectType objType = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get('ChatterMessage');
DescribeSObjectResult objDef = objType.getDescribe();

result:  FATAL_ERROR System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

I thought it might be that my org (on na9) haven't been yet updated to the new release but the same thing happens on another one ( this one na12). The code executes ok on another dev org on na12.

I'm also unable to edit the  "Manage Chatter Messages" permission on my sys admin profile, should this be so?.

I logged a case but it seems I have to be a premier customer or partner now.
Did anyone get the same error?

thanks in advance,

Andrea

Hi, I need to provide a search feature over some chatter generated data.

I need to choose the author of the post, so I placed a lookUp to the User object, but I don't seem to be able to list any of the ChatterFree users I have created.

I think the reason why user's with this profile aren't showing up is because they can relate only to a few objects in the org - FeedItem and other chatter related objects.

So, my question is how could I select a ChatterFree user in a "standard way", from a lookUp field in a visualforce page.

thanks in advance

Hi,
is there a way to define a lookup field to a custom object from activities?.
I need to related a custom object to a task and I've been told that you can define a custom field in the activity object to define this lookUp relationship, but throught the setup UI I couldn't find out how to do.
thanks in advance,

Hi,

Does anyone know why the contentType of a file when inserting a FeedItem ( of type ContentPost ) is different form the ContenType accessed later?

what I'm a doing:

- i added an afterInsert trigger on FeedItem and I'm printing the conten type of the posted file. So if I post a file to an Account I can check the logs to see the content type ( in this case : JPEG)

- when later I check the corresponding AccounFeed object , for the same feedItem I'm getting this content type : image/jpeg

I think  I'm missing something here, but I couln't find out what is it

thanks in advance, Andrea

Hi,

Is there a way to capture the Action of a user clicking on the "Like"  link of a Chatter post?.

From the docs I know that I can query the related FeedLikes records for a particular  entityFeed object. But by doing this I'm only obtaining the FeedLikes at that particular moment and not all the "Likes/unlikes" ever asociated with the Post.

thanks in advance.

hi ,
I have a Developer edition org and though I can see messages in the chatter tab, I can not access the objects, the following code throws an error (running the code as sys admin) :

SObjectType objType = Schema.getGlobalDescribe().get('ChatterMessage');
DescribeSObjectResult objDef = objType.getDescribe();

result:  FATAL_ERROR System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

I thought it might be that my org (on na9) haven't been yet updated to the new release but the same thing happens on another one ( this one na12). The code executes ok on another dev org on na12.

I'm also unable to edit the  "Manage Chatter Messages" permission on my sys admin profile, should this be so?.

I logged a case but it seems I have to be a premier customer or partner now.
Did anyone get the same error?

thanks in advance,

Andrea

I wrote a trigger agnist Feeditem .The problem is , When any other user writes a feed to me then the trigger gets fired but when I write my own(I.e when I change my status) the trigger is not fired . Also when I update any object (That I selected for feed tracking) the trigger is not fired .

Please help me with this.

Hi,
is there a way to define a lookup field to a custom object from activities?.
I need to related a custom object to a task and I've been told that you can define a custom field in the activity object to define this lookUp relationship, but throught the setup UI I couldn't find out how to do.
thanks in advance,

Hi,

I have a strange issue with creating chatter group with my Apex code.

Simple code for creating CollaborationGroup works fine in development environment, but raises NinjaValidationException when installing uploaded package.

I didn't find any documentation about this exception and neither any information about what is wrong with the code.

Code:
CollaborationGroup grpRec = new CollaborationGroup();

grpRec.Name = 'New';

grpRec.CollaborationType = 'Public';

insert grpRec;

This code fails in insert statement
Exception log:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, com.ninja.common.exception.NinjaValidationException: workspaceId - This field is required: []

As you can see, it says that some field is required, but instead of required field names there is an empty list.

Can anybody advice what is wrong here, or is there any workaround for the issue?

Hi,

Is there a way to capture the Action of a user clicking on the "Like"  link of a Chatter post?.

From the docs I know that I can query the related FeedLikes records for a particular  entityFeed object. But by doing this I'm only obtaining the FeedLikes at that particular moment and not all the "Likes/unlikes" ever asociated with the Post.

thanks in advance.

Is there any way to put a trigger on a ContentDocument?  I would like to have an action fire after one is deleted from the system, but it looks like I can only create a trigger on ContentVersion.

Any thoughts?