• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to post a feed item anonymously or from an external application without a salesforce user association? It'd be grand to be able to post to a records feed without a user association.

Cheers,

Matt

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate a non-native app into chatter. I'd like to be able to make chatter updates for a user from a notification system.

Sample flow:

User updates task x, y, and z in App.

App server sends out notifications to various outlets (email, sms, chatter)

The problem I'm having:

I'm currently using the 'web server' flow. The original 'get token' call forces me to be logged in as a user. The token I'm given then pertains ONLY to that user (in this case, the admin). Ideally, I have a single token that I can use, then specify a username to impersonate. That doesn't appear to be the way OAuth2 works, though. That means I need a specific auth token for EVERY USER in the org to make this happen. What's the best way to accomplish this? I don't want every user to have to go to an 'activation' page where they so I can grab their token specifically. I need the admin to be able to do this.

Is there a way for an admin to export valid auth & refresh tokens for a group of users?

Cheers,

Matt

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate a non-native app into chatter. I'd like to be able to make chatter updates for a user from a notification system.

Sample flow:

User updates task x, y, and z in App.

App server sends out notifications to various outlets (email, sms, chatter)

The problem I'm having:

I'm currently using the 'web server' flow. The original 'get token' call forces me to be logged in as a user. The token I'm given then pertains ONLY to that user (in this case, the admin). Ideally, I have a single token that I can use, then specify a username to impersonate. That doesn't appear to be the way OAuth2 works, though. That means I need a specific auth token for EVERY USER in the org to make this happen. What's the best way to accomplish this? I don't want every user to have to go to an 'activation' page where they so I can grab their token specifically. I need the admin to be able to do this.

Is there a way for an admin to export valid auth & refresh tokens for a group of users?

Cheers,

Matt