• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I'm a very beginner in salesforce and probably my question is quite trivial to most of you but I hope to find a quick answer here

The idea is to make our Customer Portal accessable via Salesforce Sites, so I can access the portal through a link such as "companyname.force.com/portal" or similar.

I know that I can create visualforce pages and link them to sites. My question is now: Do I have to create a visualpage which contains exactly the same content as the article overview of my customer portal or is there an easier way of connecting my sites page to the portal.

I hope I described it clearly enough. :)

Thanks in advance.

Konstantin

Hi everybody,

I would like to build up a knowledge base for customers using the customer portal. My plan is to have different Tabs which shows different Types of articles. (e.g. an Event Tab where only the "event-articles" are listed, an Company Tab where only the "company-articles'"are listed)

Is there a way of doing that?

I tried following code on a VisualforcePage which was linked with a custom "Event-Tab":

<apex:page >
<apex:pageBlock title="List of upcoming Events" >
<apex:outputPanel layout="block">
    <ul>
        <knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" articleTypes="Event__kav" sortBy="lastUpdate">                 
            <a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}">{!article.title}{!article.lastModifiedDate}</a>
        </knowledge:articleList>
    </ul>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page>

But this list doesn"t show any information of the article (like the date of the event), so it isn't a perfect solution.

The best way would be using the standard knowledgebase design with the limitation only for one special article type.

I would be very happy if someone could help me with this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Konstantin

Hi all,

I'm a very beginner in salesforce and probably my question is quite trivial to most of you but I hope to find a quick answer here

The idea is to make our Customer Portal accessable via Salesforce Sites, so I can access the portal through a link such as "companyname.force.com/portal" or similar.

I know that I can create visualforce pages and link them to sites. My question is now: Do I have to create a visualpage which contains exactly the same content as the article overview of my customer portal or is there an easier way of connecting my sites page to the portal.

I hope I described it clearly enough. :)

Thanks in advance.

Konstantin