• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If i would want to use the streaming API in a Hybrid IOS app where the local start data is the app ( so no visualforce ) do I still need to do it with the cometd.js approach? 

Or is another way also possible?

How can one see if a phonegap plugin for IOS on github is working for the hybrid mobile apps?

some of the plugins are pushing to newer versions as cordova evolves and my the SFDC mobile SDK doesn't.

For example, i'm trying to integrate the mapView which is upgraded to use cordova 1.6. I just can't get it to work in combination with PhoneGap 1.2 and the mobileSDK

Does anyone has suggestions on how to handle the mapkit?

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a HTML 5 app in Visualforce. But I want it to run on a public site.

For same pages authentication is needed and want to authenticate users via forceTK.js

How would one realize that? I've looked at the hybrid examples but it's handled in the framework

The sample mobile apps don't have examples with authentication.

Help is much appreciated!

Jorrit

I've used the javascript example as an base to serve a Visualforce page with streaming API enabled.

With a few modifications on the example everything is the same.

I get error's on the connect command and then it gets into an endless handshake/connect loop.

The response in firefox console is saying 'unknown client':

[{"channel":"/meta/connect","advice":{"reconnect":"handshake","interval":500},"error":"402::Unknown client","successful":false,"id":"3"}]

i've tried different browsers and even different versions of cometd distribution ( 2.1.0 and 2.3.0 instead of 2.2.0 given in example )

When I subscribe to the topic with the workbench everything just works fine. Is it because i'm serving the listeners in VF ? or is the combinitation with Jquery.comet?

How can one see if a phonegap plugin for IOS on github is working for the hybrid mobile apps?

some of the plugins are pushing to newer versions as cordova evolves and my the SFDC mobile SDK doesn't.

For example, i'm trying to integrate the mapView which is upgraded to use cordova 1.6. I just can't get it to work in combination with PhoneGap 1.2 and the mobileSDK

Does anyone has suggestions on how to handle the mapkit?

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a HTML 5 app in Visualforce. But I want it to run on a public site.

For same pages authentication is needed and want to authenticate users via forceTK.js

How would one realize that? I've looked at the hybrid examples but it's handled in the framework

The sample mobile apps don't have examples with authentication.

Help is much appreciated!

Jorrit

I've used the javascript example as an base to serve a Visualforce page with streaming API enabled.

With a few modifications on the example everything is the same.

I get error's on the connect command and then it gets into an endless handshake/connect loop.

The response in firefox console is saying 'unknown client':

[{"channel":"/meta/connect","advice":{"reconnect":"handshake","interval":500},"error":"402::Unknown client","successful":false,"id":"3"}]

i've tried different browsers and even different versions of cometd distribution ( 2.1.0 and 2.3.0 instead of 2.2.0 given in example )

When I subscribe to the topic with the workbench everything just works fine. Is it because i'm serving the listeners in VF ? or is the combinitation with Jquery.comet?

I get the following with the sample  VF page displayed.

but no notification from the puhstopic. 

sual.force.com/cometd/handshake
200 OK
60ms
jquery (line 7306)
200 OK
52ms
jquery (line 7306)

200 OK
83ms
jquery (line 7306)
200 OK