Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I signed up an unlimited edition account

I go to Setup | Develop | Sites.

I see : http:/free-1xxxxxxxxx-1xxxxxxxxxx-1xxxxxxxxxx/.force.com 

Is this a mistake on the Salesforce configuration end?

force.com domain screen

IRC Channel #Salesforce releases API Version 26.0 today!

I have an object that has a lookup field, but I need more than 10 criteria filters. I have called salesforce premier support to ask for idea about a work around but out of the 3 cases started to get help no one has come up with a solution. I've attached an image to show my filteres and object fields.

Criteria Filters

Thanks

Can someone explain why a single commandButton click executes its action method so many times? I have 4 fields (1 inputText, 3 selectLists, and one commandButton) The commandButton is the only one with an action associated with it. When ever I click the button the action is called many times. (up to 5 times). Could someone help explain this? 

Controller: http://pastebin.com/pMCJ98yN

Page: http://pastebin.com/4kpj0sRS

I currently have 5 sandboxes and 1 production box. All of them are Winter '12 except 1 sandbox with is a FULL sandbox and can only be refreshed every 30 days. Do I have to wait until 30 days is up before I can refresh the FULL sandbox and make it Winter '12? I know we are in the middle of production box upgrades, but the sandbox upgrades already happened, so what can I do? I really need it to be Winter '12 by Monday.

Does anytone know where there is documentation that describes what can/cannot be used in the destructiveChanges.xml file?  I didn't see a list in the migration tool guide 22 or 23.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
        <members>Course_Record_INSERT_AFTER</members>
        <members>Course_Record_INSERT_BEFORE</members>
        <members>Course_Record_UPDATE_AFTER</members>
        <members>Course_Record_UPDATE_BEFORE</members>
        <name>ApexTrigger</name>
    </types>
    <version>22.0</version>
</Package>

I get back an UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION when I use this as my destructiveChanges.xml file. Any ideas just from looking?

I'm using the migration tool v22

I'm doing a peer review this week I'm having issues with a suggestion for how to avoid hard-coding when prepopulating. The HTML field id's change when refreshing or from dev to ci > qa > prod. Should we avoid pre-populating all together, or is there a way to do this taht ensures we won't have to update hard-coded values ever>

My code:

CollaborationGroup chatterGroup = new CollaborationGroup();

chatterGroup.Name = appSettings.Developers_Chatter_Group_Name__c;

insert chatterGroup;

Causes this error:

DML_BEGIN [59]|Op:Insert|Type:CollaborationGroup|Rows:1

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, com.ninja.common.exception.NinjaValidationException: workspaceName - This field is required:

Any ideas?

workspaceName doesn't seem to be a field in CollaborationGroup.

I need the behaviors of the Master-Detail relationship (cascading deletes) but I only want to a one-to-one relationship. What the best way to go about this?

I have 2 objects Scholarship and Award.

The 2 objects are the exactly the same except that Scholarship has has a Master-Detail relationship and Award has 3 extra fields. I want to display them in a list of Awards & Scholarships only showing the common fields they share. I also want them to be clickable to view the Award or Scholarship.

I've created a custom button that appends al the needed field id's and values in order to pre-populate a form but i'm running into an issue. My object has a Record Type so the first page has to be the form to select which Record Type, then it goes to the actual form I want to pre-populate. The problem is that I'm losing the URL params before I go to that form. 

My Contact object has a lookup field called Transcript and a related list called Course Records. I've created a custom button on the Course Record related list called "Create New Course Record". The new button adds all the needed field id's and values for pre-populating a new Course Record form, but I first have to select a Record Type, and I cannot by-pass it. Is there a way to ensure the URL passes the vales from the create button to the Record Type selection form to the Course Record Form?

Even if I created a visual force page to append the URL params, I would end up with the same problem. Any ideas?

Thank You

Is there a chance to access the metadata (custom objects, fields, page layouts) of managed packages?

I was trying to open such a managed package in the Force IDE and the migration toolkit, but none of the managed components could be accessed.

I know managed packages are supposed to protect intelectual property, but when cutomer indeed can customizes components of a managed app why can they not do this via the metadata Api?

I have an object that has a lookup field, but I need more than 10 criteria filters. I have called salesforce premier support to ask for idea about a work around but out of the 3 cases started to get help no one has come up with a solution. I've attached an image to show my filteres and object fields.

Criteria Filters

Thanks

Can someone explain why a single commandButton click executes its action method so many times? I have 4 fields (1 inputText, 3 selectLists, and one commandButton) The commandButton is the only one with an action associated with it. When ever I click the button the action is called many times. (up to 5 times). Could someone help explain this? 

Controller: http://pastebin.com/pMCJ98yN

Page: http://pastebin.com/4kpj0sRS

Hi Friends,

While Installing the force.com IDE i am getting an error that is JVM terminated nd also some information will be displaying.

Please help me how to install the IDE..

• November 25, 2011

First my Account object has custom Contact Phone field with Text(100) data type which has unformatted phone values then i change data type to PHONE data type.and i remove all account phone data with blank then update original phone data but still phone values in unformatted.

I try to change phone data manually in account detail page then i saw phone in right format.

Please help me i want this phone data in format ex.7603700404==>(760) 370-0404

I currently have 5 sandboxes and 1 production box. All of them are Winter '12 except 1 sandbox with is a FULL sandbox and can only be refreshed every 30 days. Do I have to wait until 30 days is up before I can refresh the FULL sandbox and make it Winter '12? I know we are in the middle of production box upgrades, but the sandbox upgrades already happened, so what can I do? I really need it to be Winter '12 by Monday.

Hi,  my trigger only fires for the first record in the batch when performing a dataloader insert.  Any ideas on how to get it to fire for all the records in each batch?  Dataloader is set to batchs of 200.  I don't want to reduce the batch to a count of 1, I need it to do bulk.  The trigger is designed to perform a vlookup (using the zip code on the lead as a reference) on a custom object (Postal Code Test)  and populate a custom field on the Lead object.  Each record on the Postal Code Test object contains a zip code and a corresponding internal territory.

here's the trigger:

trigger UpdateLeadAreaAssign on Lead (before Insert, before Update) {

try {

for(Lead x : Trigger.New) {

//set to no area until it finds a territory matching the zip

x.Lead_Territory_Trigger__c = 'NOAREA';

//fetch territory from custom object using postal code from lead

List<Postal_Code_Test__c> triggerLeadArea =

[SELECT p.Lead_Territory__c

FROM Postal_Code_Test__c p

WHERE Zip_Code__c =: x.PostalCode

LIMIT 1];

//update lead territory field on lead

x.Lead_Territory_Trigger__c = triggerLeadArea[0].Lead_Territory__c;       

}

} 

catch (Exception e) {      

System.Debug('ERROR: ' + e);

}

}

I'm doing a peer review this week I'm having issues with a suggestion for how to avoid hard-coding when prepopulating. The HTML field id's change when refreshing or from dev to ci > qa > prod. Should we avoid pre-populating all together, or is there a way to do this taht ensures we won't have to update hard-coded values ever>

I need the behaviors of the Master-Detail relationship (cascading deletes) but I only want to a one-to-one relationship. What the best way to go about this?

Hi,

Unable to fetch and save Force.com Components to Project: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xm.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Abort or Continute Force.com project creation?

==============

while i am creating a new force.com project i got this error: can u please tell me why this error came. i downloaded eclipse and added force.com ide.... when i try to creating a new force.com project i got this error... and i am able to create a force.com project but not getting all existing classes and pages. And not added my new page or class content to the sever when i save. Is it required any other software installations?

I've created a custom button that appends al the needed field id's and values in order to pre-populate a form but i'm running into an issue. My object has a Record Type so the first page has to be the form to select which Record Type, then it goes to the actual form I want to pre-populate. The problem is that I'm losing the URL params before I go to that form. 

My Contact object has a lookup field called Transcript and a related list called Course Records. I've created a custom button on the Course Record related list called "Create New Course Record". The new button adds all the needed field id's and values for pre-populating a new Course Record form, but I first have to select a Record Type, and I cannot by-pass it. Is there a way to ensure the URL passes the vales from the create button to the Record Type selection form to the Course Record Form?

Even if I created a visual force page to append the URL params, I would end up with the same problem. Any ideas?

Thank You

I am working on a test method and it is crashing.

I have an after update trigger on lead  where I am testing if lead is converted, and if so  I am updating a list of custom objects Y (through update statement).

I have verified that there are two distinct entries in the array through debug logs.

In the before update trigger of the custom object Y ,  I see that the trigger.new.size() is 2.

In the after update trigger of the custom object Y, the trigger.new.size() is 1. The trigger.old.size() is 1 as well.

One of the two objects in the original list is missing in the after update trigger.

How could this be?

FYI, When I try to simulate what I am doing in the test method through UI, it does not crash.

I am using the Force.com Migration Tool...  I have a scenario where picklist values are to be removed.  My initial reaction was to dentote something like the following in my destructiveChanges.xml:

<types>

<members>TheObject.ThePicklist</members>

<name>CustomField</name>

</types>

That, of course, will remove the entire picklist...and I can deploy the new picklist...

The biggest problem is that if the picklist is referred to anywhere, failure arises for the destructive change...  What I really need is the capability to solely denote the picklist values I want to remove.  I tried a number of different naming conventions - none of which worked (for example, TheObject.ThePickllist.ThePicklistValue)...

• March 08, 2011
Hi:

I am getting this error, build.xml:20: Request timed out, check max poll and poll wait millis attributes

I looked through the ant-salesforce.jar file and never found an xml file with these attributes.

Where can I set these?

Thank you.
  • June 09, 2008