Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I've written a trigger on the lead object :

trigger foo  on Lead (after update)

{

System.debug('Starting foo');

if (Trigger.old[0].IsConverted == false && Trigger.new[0].IsConverted == true)

{

// lead is being converted do sanity check to make sure all fields are filled out if not

//  add a  Trigger.new[0].addError('missing info') to fail the conversion.

}

}

running this code in the UI seems to work fine which is a good start. Now I'm trying to write my unit tests for this class however I believe that the trigger is not being fired (Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0% at least 1% test coverage is required.) Also the 'Starting foo' debug message is not present in the log file. I have the log level set to finest possible.

Here is my first unit test method

static testMethod void foo_ValidateOnConvert_ValidValues() 

{

Lead myTestLead = new Lead();
myTestLead.Email = 'kbradley@merx.com';
myTestLead.LastName = 'Bradley';

insert myTestLead; 

Database.LeadConvert lc = new database.LeadConvert();
lc.setLeadId(myTestLead.id);

LeadStatus convertStatus = [SELECT Id, MasterLabel FROM LeadStatus WHERE IsConverted=true LIMIT 1];
lc.setConvertedStatus(convertStatus.MasterLabel);

Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);

System.assert(lcr.isSuccess() == true);

}

TIA for any ideas and suggestions,

KJB

Hi all,

I've recently installed (and reinstalled) the force.com ide and have successfully connected to my sandbox, created a few triggers and test cases etc. However I am unable to get the run tests menu item to appear (Supose to be Force.com->Run Tests).

Looking for any ideas / sugestions

Regards,

KJB

Hi All,

I've written a trigger on the lead object :

trigger foo  on Lead (after update)

{

System.debug('Starting foo');

if (Trigger.old[0].IsConverted == false && Trigger.new[0].IsConverted == true)

{

// lead is being converted do sanity check to make sure all fields are filled out if not

//  add a  Trigger.new[0].addError('missing info') to fail the conversion.

}

}

running this code in the UI seems to work fine which is a good start. Now I'm trying to write my unit tests for this class however I believe that the trigger is not being fired (Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0% at least 1% test coverage is required.) Also the 'Starting foo' debug message is not present in the log file. I have the log level set to finest possible.

Here is my first unit test method

static testMethod void foo_ValidateOnConvert_ValidValues() 

{

Lead myTestLead = new Lead();
myTestLead.Email = 'kbradley@merx.com';
myTestLead.LastName = 'Bradley';

insert myTestLead; 

Database.LeadConvert lc = new database.LeadConvert();
lc.setLeadId(myTestLead.id);

LeadStatus convertStatus = [SELECT Id, MasterLabel FROM LeadStatus WHERE IsConverted=true LIMIT 1];
lc.setConvertedStatus(convertStatus.MasterLabel);

Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.convertLead(lc);

System.assert(lcr.isSuccess() == true);

}

TIA for any ideas and suggestions,

KJB

Hi all,

I've recently installed (and reinstalled) the force.com ide and have successfully connected to my sandbox, created a few triggers and test cases etc. However I am unable to get the run tests menu item to appear (Supose to be Force.com->Run Tests).

Looking for any ideas / sugestions

Regards,

KJB

HI, My using Metadata api, how can i get the custom report data with in my .net application. (i will give report name in my .net application, then a request will sent to salesforce org, from salesforce i need to get a zip file (which contains report metadata) with in my .net application). Can any one help me to do this.