• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Seeking an experienced Force.com Developer to be the chief architect of an innovative new investment technology product that will change the way hedge funds, mutual funds, and other professional investment firms do business. Compensation will be a flat fee plus an equity stake in the firm, so I'm looking for someone interested in essentially co-founding the company with me. I already have all the major screens mocked up and a full E-R diagram and database schema designed, now I need someone to build the product while I focus on the product vision, sales, finances, and other executive functions of the firm. The ideal candidate will have a strong development background with the potential to manage other development employees and potentially outsource development vendors.

I've spent the last eight years working on the buy side, sell side, and vendor side of the investment industry and have extensive contacts and relationships who I can get this product in front of once it is built. I have the capital to self finance the early phases of the company and would like to complete a prototype and proof of concept testing by the end of the year, then leave my current full time job at a prominent hedge fund to dedicate myself full time to this venture at the start of 2012.

This will product will heavily leverage new technologies, like the streaming API and REST APIs. All other responsibilities and qualifications can be found below:

Specific Responsibilities:

• Development of custom Visualforce pages, including Apex classes and triggers
• Custom HTML, CSS and javascript for the application
• Using the streaming API for real-time updates
• Integrating with email using native Force.com
• Participate in all phases of software development/implementation including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support

Qualifications:

• BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• 2 Years of development on the force.com platform
• Strong knowledge of Visualforce and Apex
• Usage of Salesforce.com's API and integration capabilities
• Extensive experience with web development, proficient with HTML, CSS, and Javascript
• Knowledge of relational databases, and configuring the Salesforce ER hierarchy

If this sounds like something you're interested in email me at adamjdodge@gmail.com

Seeking an experienced Force.com Developer to be the chief architect of an innovative new investment technology product.  I am self financing a startup company that I believe will change the way hedge funds, mutual funds, and other professional investment firms do business.  This is not a contract or consulting type role, I want someone interested in being a co-founder in the company whose primary compensation initially will be a substantial equity stake in the firm.  I am currently pursuing this business as a side project but plan on completing a prototype and proof of concept testing by the end of the year, then committing myself full time to this venture at the start of 2012.     

This will product will heavily leverage new technologies, like the streaming  API and REST APIs.  All other responsibilities and qualifications can be found below:

Specific Responsibilities:

• Development of custom Visualforce pages, including Apex classes and triggers.
  • Custom HTML, CSS and javascript for the application
  • Using the streaming API for real-time updates
  • Integrating with email using native Force.com
  • Participate in all phases of software development/implementation including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment and support.

Qualifications:

• BS Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
  • 2 Years of development on the force.com platform
  • Strong knowledge of Visualforce and Apex
  • Usage of Salesforce.com's API and integration capabilities
  • Extensive experience with web development, proficient with HTML, CSS, and Javascript
  • Knowledge of relational databases, and configuring the Salesforce ER hierarchy

Just a little background about myself.  I have 8 years experience working on the buy side, sell side, and vendor side of the investment industry in a number of different capacities, ranging from internal development to client service to managing a regional consulting office to working on a buy side trading desk.  I feel my broad experience gives me a unique perspective from which to identify potential opportunities for new technology, and I have scoped out what I believe can be a game changing product.  With a solid network of contacts at major hedge funds, mutual funds, brokerages, and other vendors I think I can get influential people to try and use the product if we can architect the product to reach it's potential . 

Anyone interested in being taking a bit of risk to try and build a company from the ground up, please email me at adamjdodge@gmail.com.