• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi! 

I have a custom link that points to an external URL.  I wan to pass a parameter on the URL that tells me when the request is coming from a sandbox vs. our production SFDC environment (so I can handle the request differently).  I'm trying to do this by adding a merge field to the URL, but can't find any available fields that would help me.  I was hoping for something like 'Sandbox Name' or 'Site URL', but really am interested in anything that would help me tell what environment the call comes from.

I am doing this currently by hard coding the URL, but the problem is that whenever we refresh our sandbox from production, the production hard coded URL is copied down to the sandbox, and I have to remember to change it manually.  I was thinking a merge field would be a better solution, if I can find something useful.  But I'm open to other ways to do this too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• September 23, 2011

Hi! 

I have a custom link that points to an external URL.  I wan to pass a parameter on the URL that tells me when the request is coming from a sandbox vs. our production SFDC environment (so I can handle the request differently).  I'm trying to do this by adding a merge field to the URL, but can't find any available fields that would help me.  I was hoping for something like 'Sandbox Name' or 'Site URL', but really am interested in anything that would help me tell what environment the call comes from.

I am doing this currently by hard coding the URL, but the problem is that whenever we refresh our sandbox from production, the production hard coded URL is copied down to the sandbox, and I have to remember to change it manually.  I was thinking a merge field would be a better solution, if I can find something useful.  But I'm open to other ways to do this too.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• September 23, 2011