• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have Salesforce Sales Cloud license / Enterprise edition.

We're hitting the 1,000 email services /day limit. This is for inbound e-mail to salesforce custom app/object.

It seems in order to get this increased, for each 1,000 more incoming we have we need to add on a license.

My question is what license type qualifies an orgs ability to increase limits? ...Do we need to get the enterprise edition to increase the total calls  by 1,000 X license, or does a less expensive license type (professional , chatter etc.) increase the total calls?

Seems odd we're able to pay for API's by 20,000 for extra $20/month where to increase inbound e-mail servies (no spam, all incoming from one order DB address) would cost an extra $1500/year per 1,000/day emails. ...

Thank you so much.

Hi all. Really need some help with this one.We want to see if SF has the power to harness the multitude of API calls we need to complete a record of data in as near as real time as possible, without getting close to/exceeding any apex / batch governer limits.

I've referenced the image to give a general idea.

2) We already have a connector using apatar that is sending just one transaction ID to salesforce every 5 minutes. It makes sure no duplicates and stores in an object.

3-4) This is where we need SF to pick up on. Based on this transction ID that comes in from "2", we need to complete this records data by calling an external server via an API. Each transaction requires a seperate API call/response. If this we're run every 20 minutes, tehre are times when there could be 25-100 tranasctions that need a seperate API call to this "Data Server 2". These responses for each transaction are returned to salesforce and complete the object where the trasnaction ID lies.

5-6) Based on the response in 3-4, if one column = "X" then we need to call to another external server via API to add more details to this records based on this "X".

My worries are getting this into Salesforce in a timely manner based scheduling / limits / governors. THe data is not large in size so it fits here, so the worry is calling these out. 5-6, are dependant on 3-4 , and 5-6 & 3-4 all require making a seperate call out to Dataserver 2/3 for each tranasaction we want to search.

Can anyone make a suggestion as to whre we should be looking at SF to do this? Previously, if we wanted this every hour, we couldnt do it because we could only schedule so many data sets per hour. THe issue as well was in the scheduling apex, we only saw where we could make a schedule every hour. Moving this to hourly, there could be 50-100 tranactions that need two seperate call outs, meaning 100-200 individual API calls would need to be made and seemed to complex to do that. It also made the data only 1 hour up-to-date.

Any suggestions?

My thought was if in 3-4 & 4&5, we can somehow "bulk" an outbound API call that would only count as 1 outgoing call, but when submitted would actually make the individual calls/responses.

If this would work and we could shorten the interval to round trip, 30 minutes to complete the data, it would work for us.

Thank you so much!

We'll I wouldnt say noob, but can this be learned by the computer / business savvy entreprenuer who doesnt know a lick of programming?

Right now, we use MySQL with cronjob to send call to PayPal API for any new transactions every 5 minutes throughout the day. Then send to SF through informatica.

Are we able to call out to a 3rd party system like PayPal and instantly be updated if there are new transactions?

Thanks

We're an enterprise SF account holder and think we've hit a road block with limitations of the SF API.

We need to be able to, every 15 minutes, make a call to PayPal's API and retreive purchase history (outgoing payments). Because of the nature of PayPal's API, we must do a search for all transactions within a given time period and then make another seperate call for any transactions that were found to complete the record with information that we require. After this is done, we want to use the eBay API to bring in some more specific information about the eBay listing and link it all up to a purchase record within SF.

The limitation comes where the visualforce trigger is only able to create a call out every hour. For starters, this just doesnt work for us as far as speed. On the second hand, PayPal only will retreive the last 100 transactions and in a given hour, we might exceed this creating a spirling backlog of request as we grow.

Likewise, the API limits for SF seem to be a bit low. 1,000 per User. We upgraded to 10,000 for our data entry through forms.

In anycase, our idea now is basically to use a MySQL online DB and use a PHP script to temporarly store PayPal/eBay information and then use the SF API to send the information into SF and create the record that we need.

Before we do this, I wanted to check to see if Database.com might be able to assist in the road blocks that we've seen so far.

Thanks in advance!

Right now, we use MySQL with cronjob to send call to PayPal API for any new transactions every 5 minutes throughout the day. Then send to SF through informatica.

Are we able to call out to a 3rd party system like PayPal and instantly be updated if there are new transactions?

Thanks

We're an enterprise SF account holder and think we've hit a road block with limitations of the SF API.

We need to be able to, every 15 minutes, make a call to PayPal's API and retreive purchase history (outgoing payments). Because of the nature of PayPal's API, we must do a search for all transactions within a given time period and then make another seperate call for any transactions that were found to complete the record with information that we require. After this is done, we want to use the eBay API to bring in some more specific information about the eBay listing and link it all up to a purchase record within SF.

The limitation comes where the visualforce trigger is only able to create a call out every hour. For starters, this just doesnt work for us as far as speed. On the second hand, PayPal only will retreive the last 100 transactions and in a given hour, we might exceed this creating a spirling backlog of request as we grow.

Likewise, the API limits for SF seem to be a bit low. 1,000 per User. We upgraded to 10,000 for our data entry through forms.

In anycase, our idea now is basically to use a MySQL online DB and use a PHP script to temporarly store PayPal/eBay information and then use the SF API to send the information into SF and create the record that we need.

Before we do this, I wanted to check to see if Database.com might be able to assist in the road blocks that we've seen so far.

Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to send email to custom objects? I have a candidate object and many requirements to autopopulate the "To" field with a specific candidate and I'm unable to do this.

• September 19, 2008

There are a couple things I need to understand about this limit, and I can't find the answers anywere.

1. Do workflow Outbound Messages count against the daily mass email limit, or does it only apply to messages sent to leads/contacts?

2. What happens to emails sent after the initial 500? Are they dropped or queued until the next day?

• May 19, 2008
Hi,

I'm a new SF customer. My company has been an SF user for a long time, but we just began using SupportForce, with the introduction of email-to-case and limited professional access to the API. We spent several months speccing out exactly how we want SF to work for support and then worked with Rohit from SF professional services for a week of customization. This got us pretty far, and Rohit was extremely competent and helpful, but we still have some open issues that I am trying to resolve internally. I'd like to get the communities sense on whether the issues can be resolved and whether I'm headed in the right direction with thoughts on resolutions. Again, it's important to note that we are only a Professional customer. (We would upgrade support to Enterprise, but our sales organization has no need for it so the pricing is way out of reach.)

Questions:

• I know that some API access is enabled in professional. I installed the excel integration and it worked well for me. And we wrote the following SControl, which runs successfully. What are the limits? Is there any professional-specific documentation on the API and SControls?

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
          var redirectString =
                  "/cases/caseowneredit.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Case_ID}&save=1&ids={!Case_ID}&caseowner='{!User_FullName}'";
          function redirect() {
              <!-- document.write(redirectString);-->
              parent.frames.location.replace(redirectString);
          }
          redirect();
      </SCRIPT>

• General documentation. I have found it *very* difficult to do things that seem simple because of a lack of documentation. Is there more documentation out there that I just don't know about? All I have been using is the documentaiton that is linked to off of the "?help" link on the admin setup screens.

• Problem: A case creation mechanism that enforces contract verification, but still allows a "special" case to be created of type field_trial. Solution: Our current solution is to have a custom object (called 'DeviceInfo') with account as the master object for storing contracts. The custom object would include standard contract fields including expiration date, along with our hardware serial numbers and config info for each device. Then we will create a new page as the initial step in case creation. This page would be an SControl which would allow account lookups and show matching accounts in a table with info indicating whether the account has an associated contract which is valid.

• Problem: A mechanism for maintaining device configuration on the account. Also a mechanism for selecting an appropriate config or creating a new config during case creation/edit. Solution: Utilize the solution from the previous problem. The new page for account contract verification would enable copying the config info from the DeviceInfo into the new case object. If necessary, the config select could happen in a separate SControl, triggered by a link on the case and thus happening after case creation.

• Problem: Currently we use reports instead of queues. Looking at a report for all the cases I own, it does not appear that there is a way to determine if email-to-case has updated the case. There is no flag on the case to indicate that it has received an update. There is a task which is created by email-to-case. But I cannot figure a way to show as a column in the report whether there exist any open activities on the case. This seems like it should be simple, but right now i have no solution.

• Problem: No way to view the history of *all* interactions on a case in chronological order. The Email object shows only emails. There is no good way to make phone conversations appear. The comments object doesn't contain emails. The activity history doesn't contain emails which are sent from the system through the email object. Solution: We have two solutions. The first is to remove the Email object from the case and only use Activity History. This is problematic for several reasons: first, the Activity History task does not contain the body of the email, you have to click a small link on the Task page; second, we don't really want to use tasks at all and we don't want to have to close the email task, it is wasted clicks in our workflow; third, the link on the Activity History object to send an email does not quote the email that we are replying to and it does not append the cc list. The second solution is even more of a hack. We could simply record phone conversations by sending an email from the Email object. This is dumb because the to field of the email prepopulates with the customer and we will end up accidentally sending some of these to the customer which could be bad.

Again, at this point I am only interested in general thoughts. I will probably have specific questions about several of these things as I get further into implementation. It's just that I don't want to use up all my good answer karma on my first email.

Message Edited by eprebys on 09-06-2005 11:48 AM

• September 02, 2005