• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Can someone explain to me what is the advantage of using Heroku for Salesforce integration?

We have an app that runs on Heroku that retrieves analytics from (google, ms, facebook) and deposits the info into salesforce.  The app was developed using Ruby and is executed everyday through a cron.

I want to know why I would not be able to set up a server that runs the ruby process?

Thoughts, comments?

thanks,

Mirko 

Hello,

I'm trying to create a scheduled job.  I have been able to create the job, but I cannot figure out how to configure and end date.

Here is what I have

Import_Schedule imp_sch = new Import_Schedule();
String s = '0 0 0 ? * SUN-SAT';  
system.schedule('Job Name1', s, imp_sch); 

If anyone can tell me how to specify parameters to populate the required end date field it will be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Mirko

Hello,

I have a visual force page that renders content for a PDF.  The visual force code uses apex:repeat to display a table (for each entity) that contains data and a associated generated graph.  The problem I am encountering is that typically 3 tables will normally fit on a page, but depending on what the text on one of the table columns is, the rendered table and associated graph are split between pdf pages.  How can I format it so that the pdf table clontent starts on a page?

Please make suggestions.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Can someone provide me with information on how to implement web-to-lead integration with a Drupal site?

Drupal has a Salesforce webform data integration module/plugin, but I am not convinced this is the way to go.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Can someone point me to an article or explain to me how to add/modify static resources for a force.com project (running in eclipse).  I see there is a resources folder with resource files.  The resource file I need to edit is a zip file with jpg images.  I need to alter and add images.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've implemented a custom button to redirect a user from Opportunity to my custom module (Project).  I am trying to pass the Opportunity account reference as a URL parameter to my project, but it is not working (btw passing the Opportunity name seems to be working).  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

URLFOR("/" + $ObjectType.Project__c + "/e", null, [RecordType="012M00000008ZW3",ent="01IC000000j3Bl",Account__c=Opportunity.Account,Name=Opportunity.Name], true)

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I am implementing a custom button to redirect a user to one of my custom modules (Project__c).

I created the following logic for my button

{!IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.Service_Required__c,"Edu Marketing"),URLFOR("/" + $ObjectType.Project__c + "/e", null, [RecordType="012M00000008ZW3",ent="01IC000000j3Bl",Account__c=Opportunity.Account,Name=Opportunity.Name], true),URLFOR("/" + $ObjectType.Project__c + "/e", null, [RecordType="012C0000000GC20",ent="01IC000000j3Bl",Name=Opportunity.Name], true)))}

This works....BUT.....I am not able to get Opportunity account name to populate with project custom field.

Can someone tell me why this does not work?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a custom button that redirects to a url based on opportunity field value

I've tried the following without success:

if(Opportunity.Service_Required__c = "Edu Marketing","/{!$ObjectType.Project__c}/e?retURL=%2Fa06%2Fo&RecordType=012M00000008ZW3&ent=01IC0000000j3Bl","/{!$ObjectType.Project__c}/e"))

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and what options do I have?

I also tried to create a small javascript without success.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Is there a way to selecte the default "Relate to" lookup field value where a Task is created from the Home tab?

Currently when I click new task from the home tab, the "Relate to" value defaults to selecting an Opportunity.  I would like it to default to an Account.

thanks,

Mirko  

Hello,

Is there a way to make an email type field take more characters than the default?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I am in the process of making some customizations.  I want to add a contact lookup field to my opportunities.

I created a filter to get the contacts based on selected account, but it seems that it only works if the contact happens to be a recent contact only.

Is there a way to search thru all my contacts?  I only have about 1000+ contacts.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Does anyone know is the columns of the Tasks can be modified under the Home tab?

thanks for the help!

Mirko

Hello,

I have a trigger that currently generates a task after a project (my custom module) is updated.

I want to change the task layout to require the "relates to" field.  If I make this change in the salesforce GUI, am I required to add the "relates to" field to my trigger?  Will the trigger be able to create the task even though a required field is missing?

thanks,

Mirko

I am trying to use the following formula but I am getting a syntax error.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

if(First_Report_Due_Date__c > 30, "2", if(First_Report_Due_Date__c > 60, "3",  "1"))

i am trying to populate a text field to fill in the number of elapsed months.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've implemented a scheduler, but I would like to be able to specify and end data as part of my cron parameter request.  Currently I have the following set

System.schedule('SEO Project Renewal Reminder', '0 0 3 ? * MON-SUN', new SEO_Project_Renewal_Reminder());

When I go to view the added scheduled job, there is not end date set and it seems that the end date field is required.

questions:

1) Is the end date field needed for it to work?

2) How can I specify an end date in my cron parameter?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've been asked to implement the following:

Create a new project (one of our custom objects) when an opportunity is marked "closed won".  I believe I can implement this using an apex trigger.

My question is the following:

I'd like to have the ability to not allow users to make changes to the opportunity once is marked "closed won" (or any of the other close states).  This would prevent a possible 2nd project (duplicate) from being created

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I am new to salesfoce.  I have a code snippet that is giving me an Entity is Deleted error exception.  Can someone tell me what is wrong with the code?

Lead lead = trigger.new[0];
    List <Event> e1 = new List<Event>(); 

if (trigger.isUpdate)
    {  
        e1 =[select id,subject from Event where Whoid =: lead.id AND Created_by_Trigger__c = true and IsRecurrence = false];

delete e1;
    }

I modified the code to this, but exception also being thrown on delete

Event evs1;

if (trigger.isUpdate)
    {  
        e1 =[select id,subject from Event where Whoid =: lead.id AND Created_by_Trigger__c = true and IsRecurrence = false];

for (integer i =0; i< e1.size();i++)
        {    
            evs1 = e1[i];

delete evs1;       	
        }
    }

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've inherited a salesforce implementation.  I am reviewing the apex code and have the following question

1) I noticed that system.debug was being used for debugging.  Where is the output trace displayed?

2) In most places in the code, system.debug had been commented.  What is the impact of not commenting (after testing)?

thanks for your help,

Mirko

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change the leads default sort by column in the default leads view?  Currently the default sort by defaults to  "Name".  What if I wanted to change this to "company"?  Is this possible?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

How can I go about displaying a google map field/object next to an address?

thanks for your help,

Mirko

Hello,

I have a visual force page that renders content for a PDF.  The visual force code uses apex:repeat to display a table (for each entity) that contains data and a associated generated graph.  The problem I am encountering is that typically 3 tables will normally fit on a page, but depending on what the text on one of the table columns is, the rendered table and associated graph are split between pdf pages.  How can I format it so that the pdf table clontent starts on a page?

Please make suggestions.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've implemented a custom button to redirect a user from Opportunity to my custom module (Project).  I am trying to pass the Opportunity account reference as a URL parameter to my project, but it is not working (btw passing the Opportunity name seems to be working).  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

URLFOR("/" + $ObjectType.Project__c + "/e", null, [RecordType="012M00000008ZW3",ent="01IC000000j3Bl",Account__c=Opportunity.Account,Name=Opportunity.Name], true)

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a custom button that redirects to a url based on opportunity field value

I've tried the following without success:

if(Opportunity.Service_Required__c = "Edu Marketing","/{!$ObjectType.Project__c}/e?retURL=%2Fa06%2Fo&RecordType=012M00000008ZW3&ent=01IC0000000j3Bl","/{!$ObjectType.Project__c}/e"))

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and what options do I have?

I also tried to create a small javascript without success.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Is there a way to selecte the default "Relate to" lookup field value where a Task is created from the Home tab?

Currently when I click new task from the home tab, the "Relate to" value defaults to selecting an Opportunity.  I would like it to default to an Account.

thanks,

Mirko  

Hello,

I am in the process of making some customizations.  I want to add a contact lookup field to my opportunities.

I created a filter to get the contacts based on selected account, but it seems that it only works if the contact happens to be a recent contact only.

Is there a way to search thru all my contacts?  I only have about 1000+ contacts.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I have a trigger that currently generates a task after a project (my custom module) is updated.

I want to change the task layout to require the "relates to" field.  If I make this change in the salesforce GUI, am I required to add the "relates to" field to my trigger?  Will the trigger be able to create the task even though a required field is missing?

thanks,

Mirko

I am trying to use the following formula but I am getting a syntax error.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

if(First_Report_Due_Date__c > 30, "2", if(First_Report_Due_Date__c > 60, "3",  "1"))

i am trying to populate a text field to fill in the number of elapsed months.

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I've implemented a scheduler, but I would like to be able to specify and end data as part of my cron parameter request.  Currently I have the following set

System.schedule('SEO Project Renewal Reminder', '0 0 3 ? * MON-SUN', new SEO_Project_Renewal_Reminder());

When I go to view the added scheduled job, there is not end date set and it seems that the end date field is required.

questions:

1) Is the end date field needed for it to work?

2) How can I specify an end date in my cron parameter?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

I am new to salesfoce.  I have a code snippet that is giving me an Entity is Deleted error exception.  Can someone tell me what is wrong with the code?

if (trigger.isUpdate)
    {  

delete e1;
    }

I modified the code to this, but exception also being thrown on delete

Event evs1;

if (trigger.isUpdate)
    {  

for (integer i =0; i< e1.size();i++)
        {    
            evs1 = e1[i];

delete evs1;       	
        }
    }

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change the leads default sort by column in the default leads view?  Currently the default sort by defaults to  "Name".  What if I wanted to change this to "company"?  Is this possible?

thanks,

Mirko

Hello,

How can I go about displaying a google map field/object next to an address?

thanks for your help,

Mirko

Hi,

I am new to salesforce, I currently have 2 salesforce environments, a sandox and a production environment.  What are the best practices for:

1) Moving from configuration data from a sandbox to a production environment?  Does Salesforce provide any tools?

2) Moving actual data from the same?

thanks for your help,

Mirko

Hello,

I am new to salesforce and have inherited an implementation.

In the implementation, the is a custom object called projects (that has been created).  For this custom object there have been record types created.

Problem:

When I go to create a new project, one of the record types is missing from the pull down list.  But if I look at the custom object properties the missing record type is there (and it is set to active).

Also if I go to setup -> My Personal Information -> Record Type Selection  .....my custom object is there and my record type is missing from there also (its not listed)

Thanks for the help,

Mirko