• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Just a question regarding sites bandwidth calculation, ex: if i embed a video from youtuble into my sites page, does the bandwidth counts for the video from thrid parth like youtube as well?

Thanks

• March 14, 2013

I want to get pdf file content as string in apex, currently i don't see any option? how do I get raw pdf back with all formats like '%PDF', "%%EOF", "trailer"

All the pdf data i'm getting from content, document, visulaforce render as pdf are mostly blob or base64 format, but when i try to convert them into string using encoding util class, i can't able to get the raw pdf file as i epxect,

any help?

Thanks

Ram

• August 05, 2012

I want to consume a xml document via @httpost for a rest  webservice, will the following decleration work ? does the arugment name needs to match xml namespace etc ?

@HttpPost
global static void docConnectParser(String post){
      System.debug('Connect Response =>' +post);
}

Thanks

Ram 

I have csv UI which parses CSV data and shows in UI for user to review before they submit. Currently I hit the limitation of maximum of 1000 rows,  This is meant to be for business user, so Data Loader is not an option.

What are some of the option alteast to support upto 3-5k of rows?

Thanks

Ram

Hi,

Let assume my batch process which crunching some contract line items  when i schedule it.  Will it also able to pick up the new records which I created after I scheduled the batch process ? Assume the query criteria matches.

Thanks

Ram

Just want to confirm, there is not much option to lock Object in apex during DML? i guess trigger locks the record by default during execution but not much locking option in Apex controller level ?

If anybody tried any work around let me know,

Thanks

Ram

I just want to check, global with sharing class enforces same user level permission as public with sharing class ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 26, 2012

I have a global with sharing controller which I'm using in VF page which uses JS Remoting. When I call ApexPages.Currentpage() or ApexPages.Currentpage().getParameters(), I'm getting null exception, anybody facing this issue ? is it a limitaion ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 26, 2012

Hi,

I'm checking for view state for my global class static method, I see nothing ? is static gobal methods not part of view state ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 24, 2012

1. VF Tag Currency Formating - I'm using the following to format my currency, it works mostly fine, but in case of 0 values, it shows .00 instead of 0.00 - any suggestion ?

<apex:outputText value="{0,number, #,###,###.00}" >
<apex:param value="{!item.totalCost}" />
</apex:outputText>

2. Also curious, Decimal.SetScale(2, RoundingMode) rounds properly in controller , and I checked in view state, but when I show it in VF page, its chopping the last 0  for certain cases, ex:, 60.00 to 60.0 , anybody noticed this issue ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 20, 2012

I like to write a util method for field describe, with can describe on given "Object", "Field",  But current apex feature doesn't seems to allow it, 

//this one will allow some flexibility in changing field names as per requirement. 

Sobject sobj = new Opportunity();

Schema.DescribeFieldResult f = sobj.get('Status').getDescribe(); 

//currently we can do this, but not useful much,

Schema.DescribeFieldResult f = Opportunity.Status.getDescribe();  

Thanks

Ram

• April 18, 2012

I have created a visualforce page for a complex summary report, wondering if its possible to link some how to the report folder in salesforce? so the user will have same experience of selecting the visualforce report from repots folder ?

I tried dashboard, its too small, i can show my entire summary report.

Thanks
Ram

• April 18, 2012

Question about View State:

I assume there is View State exchange between client browser and visualforce in all cases even  if  there is no change in data in client side, if this case is true, any idea why this view state is posted back to client browser, even though there is no changed in data ? Its kind of similar to etag, but in case of etag, the server sends only no change message.

Thanks

Ram

• April 15, 2012

It would be nice to know more about apex runtime & apex memory management in general, right now there is not much professional articile availble over web, its better if salesforce team publishes it in their blog ?

Hope most people like to know about this stuff as well.

Thanks

Ram

• April 13, 2012

I have a schedule apex job which I want to run during certain records creation, I'm trying to schedule it from apex controller method. 

Problem is it works fine for first time, for consecutive schedule, it says the job with given name exist.  It kind of wierd, i can't able to update next scheduled time of run for the same job, the sotp gap solutino is, i keep changing the name of the schedule job everytime, but it looks ugly since it creating a job with different name.  

1. How to update existing scheduled job next run time in apex ?

2.how to delete existing one and create new one from apex ? 

Thanks

Ram

• April 10, 2012

Hi,

I posted the following in apex thread, got one response, i want to make sure thats the only option before i make my decision,

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/App-License-Detecting-in-Apex/m-p/422067

I want my app to use Salesforce Content if its enabled or license is available , otherwise i want to use Salesforce Documents, ? its going to be a managed package, whats the best way to detect it ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 05, 2012

is it possible to find out from apex, what are the App licenses enabled in a given org ? ex: I'm looking for Content is enabled and available to a org or not ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 05, 2012

i have parent child relationship between contract line item (its custom object not the sfdc standard object), i like to know how to create both parent and child in one dml statement and let salesforce do the work of maping relationship.

example of what I'm expecting, where parentId refers parent contractlineitem record

ContractLineItem parent = new ContractLineItem();

ContractLineItem child = new ContractLineItem();

child.parentId = parent;

isnert new List<ContractLineItem>{parent, child};

2. also jsut curious, if the same case is possible for cross objects, i mean account/cases. assuming account is parent of cases ?

Thanks

Ram

• March 28, 2012

I want to restrict partner users  access to accounts and they should  only see one account in the portal, my approach is to use apex sharing , i guess sharing rule won't help since it always shares one or more records based on criteria

is apex sharing the only way to do it or any other way its possible to share one record with partner user.

Thanks

Ram

• March 28, 2012

Does publishing free app in appexchange will cost cost security review fee ?

Thanks

Ram

• March 20, 2012

Just a question regarding sites bandwidth calculation, ex: if i embed a video from youtuble into my sites page, does the bandwidth counts for the video from thrid parth like youtube as well?

Thanks

• March 14, 2013

I want to get pdf file content as string in apex, currently i don't see any option? how do I get raw pdf back with all formats like '%PDF', "%%EOF", "trailer"

All the pdf data i'm getting from content, document, visulaforce render as pdf are mostly blob or base64 format, but when i try to convert them into string using encoding util class, i can't able to get the raw pdf file as i epxect,

any help?

Thanks

Ram

• August 05, 2012

Hi,

Let assume my batch process which crunching some contract line items  when i schedule it.  Will it also able to pick up the new records which I created after I scheduled the batch process ? Assume the query criteria matches.

Thanks

Ram

Just want to confirm, there is not much option to lock Object in apex during DML? i guess trigger locks the record by default during execution but not much locking option in Apex controller level ?

If anybody tried any work around let me know,

Thanks

Ram

I just want to check, global with sharing class enforces same user level permission as public with sharing class ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 26, 2012

I have a global with sharing controller which I'm using in VF page which uses JS Remoting. When I call ApexPages.Currentpage() or ApexPages.Currentpage().getParameters(), I'm getting null exception, anybody facing this issue ? is it a limitaion ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 26, 2012

1. VF Tag Currency Formating - I'm using the following to format my currency, it works mostly fine, but in case of 0 values, it shows .00 instead of 0.00 - any suggestion ?

<apex:outputText value="{0,number, #,###,###.00}" >
<apex:param value="{!item.totalCost}" />
</apex:outputText>

2. Also curious, Decimal.SetScale(2, RoundingMode) rounds properly in controller , and I checked in view state, but when I show it in VF page, its chopping the last 0  for certain cases, ex:, 60.00 to 60.0 , anybody noticed this issue ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 20, 2012

I like to write a util method for field describe, with can describe on given "Object", "Field",  But current apex feature doesn't seems to allow it, 

//this one will allow some flexibility in changing field names as per requirement. 

Sobject sobj = new Opportunity();

Schema.DescribeFieldResult f = sobj.get('Status').getDescribe(); 

//currently we can do this, but not useful much,

Schema.DescribeFieldResult f = Opportunity.Status.getDescribe();  

Thanks

Ram

• April 18, 2012

I have created a visualforce page for a complex summary report, wondering if its possible to link some how to the report folder in salesforce? so the user will have same experience of selecting the visualforce report from repots folder ?

I tried dashboard, its too small, i can show my entire summary report.

Thanks
Ram

• April 18, 2012

Question about View State:

I assume there is View State exchange between client browser and visualforce in all cases even  if  there is no change in data in client side, if this case is true, any idea why this view state is posted back to client browser, even though there is no changed in data ? Its kind of similar to etag, but in case of etag, the server sends only no change message.

Thanks

Ram

• April 15, 2012

Hi,

I posted the following in apex thread, got one response, i want to make sure thats the only option before i make my decision,

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/App-License-Detecting-in-Apex/m-p/422067

I want my app to use Salesforce Content if its enabled or license is available , otherwise i want to use Salesforce Documents, ? its going to be a managed package, whats the best way to detect it ?

Thanks

Ram

• April 05, 2012

i have parent child relationship between contract line item (its custom object not the sfdc standard object), i like to know how to create both parent and child in one dml statement and let salesforce do the work of maping relationship.

example of what I'm expecting, where parentId refers parent contractlineitem record

ContractLineItem parent = new ContractLineItem();

ContractLineItem child = new ContractLineItem();

child.parentId = parent;

isnert new List<ContractLineItem>{parent, child};

2. also jsut curious, if the same case is possible for cross objects, i mean account/cases. assuming account is parent of cases ?

Thanks

Ram

• March 28, 2012

I want to restrict partner users  access to accounts and they should  only see one account in the portal, my approach is to use apex sharing , i guess sharing rule won't help since it always shares one or more records based on criteria

is apex sharing the only way to do it or any other way its possible to share one record with partner user.

Thanks

Ram

• March 28, 2012

Does publishing free app in appexchange will cost cost security review fee ?

Thanks

Ram

• March 20, 2012

will action support event support multiple event  like event="onkeypress,onmouseout" ?

<apex:inputText Id="Price" styleClass="on24BigTextField" value="{!Event}">
      <apex:actionSupport event="onkeypress,onmouseout" rerender="detail" action="{!refresh}" />
</apex:inputText>

Thanks

Ram

• March 19, 2012

Is there a way to make chatter groups and messages publicly available ? or its salesforce limitation ?

Thanks

Ram

• March 17, 2012

Hi,

I'm curious to know wether apexrest api call response will be only JSON  ? or XML response is also possible.

Thanks

Ram

• March 09, 2012

I'm wondering is it possible to create Excel or CSV file in apex code (as attachment) is it possible ? currently i only see it works with VF page, but i'm looking to do it in apex code not using vf page, I don't see any options.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

• December 29, 2011