• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi - I'm trying to use a home page component to direct users to an agreement that they need to sign before they can use our SF system.

The home page component uses and IFRAME that calls a VF page. The apex class then does some processing, and if they haven't already agreed to the rules, then the page redirects to the agreement page, with the following code:

if (agrees != true) {
    PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/apex/useragreement');
    pageRef.setredirect(true);
      return pageRef;

The idea is that the IFRAME on the homepage is very small so hidden, and if this condition is true, the agreement page needs to open over the home page, preventing the user from doing anything until they agree.

This works fine with developer mode ON for a user, but the redirect only stays within the IFRAME if developer mode is OFF.

Any idea how I can get the redirected page to open on the top for ALL users?

Thanks.

Hi - my client has asked to have all users be directed to a page when they login to SF where they will be asked to read and agree to a user agreement. The requirement then is to update their user record to show they have read and agreed to the Terms of Use.

The critical part is to prevent the user doing anything until they have agreed to the Agreement.

Any ideas how to do this?

I've looked at adding a homepage component that will use an iframe to reference a VF page and apex class. The VF page and class can first check if they have already said yes to the agreement, and if not, this can then display the Agreement document, capture their agreement with a checkbox, update their user record, and then allow them to carry on and use the system. 

Where I'm struggling is stopping the user from using any of the SF pages until they acknowledge. I know I can use CSS to force all of the <a> links to display:none so that will stop the user from doing anything, but I don't see how I can control the CSS of the parent page from within the iframe.

Any ideas on how to make this happen - is there an easier solution?

Hi - I'm trying to use a home page component to direct users to an agreement that they need to sign before they can use our SF system.

The home page component uses and IFRAME that calls a VF page. The apex class then does some processing, and if they haven't already agreed to the rules, then the page redirects to the agreement page, with the following code:

if (agrees != true) {
    PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/apex/useragreement');
    pageRef.setredirect(true);
      return pageRef;

The idea is that the IFRAME on the homepage is very small so hidden, and if this condition is true, the agreement page needs to open over the home page, preventing the user from doing anything until they agree.

This works fine with developer mode ON for a user, but the redirect only stays within the IFRAME if developer mode is OFF.

Any idea how I can get the redirected page to open on the top for ALL users?

Thanks.

Hi - my client has asked to have all users be directed to a page when they login to SF where they will be asked to read and agree to a user agreement. The requirement then is to update their user record to show they have read and agreed to the Terms of Use.

The critical part is to prevent the user doing anything until they have agreed to the Agreement.

Any ideas how to do this?

I've looked at adding a homepage component that will use an iframe to reference a VF page and apex class. The VF page and class can first check if they have already said yes to the agreement, and if not, this can then display the Agreement document, capture their agreement with a checkbox, update their user record, and then allow them to carry on and use the system. 

Where I'm struggling is stopping the user from using any of the SF pages until they acknowledge. I know I can use CSS to force all of the <a> links to display:none so that will stop the user from doing anything, but I don't see how I can control the CSS of the parent page from within the iframe.

Any ideas on how to make this happen - is there an easier solution?