• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a client who would like the ability to create one activity at the parent account level and copy it to all child accounts associated with that Parent.

For Instance:  The company brings on all Chic-fil-a's in Wachington DC metro) .  They want to create an activity to:  Call Manager and Discuss Marketing Plan and copy it across the Child Accounts which might be Chicfila - Chantilly, Chic-fil-a Reston, Chic-fila-Ashburn etc. 

I thought a custom button on the parent account page with some sort of apex trigger would work in this scenario...any ideas on how to make this work?  I'm an admin, not a developer.  I believe I have exhausted all of the native functionality option with no clear path forward.

I have a client who would like the ability to create one activity at the parent account level and copy it to all child accounts associated with that Parent.

For Instance:  The company brings on all Chic-fil-a's in Wachington DC metro) .  They want to create an activity to:  Call Manager and Discuss Marketing Plan and copy it across the Child Accounts which might be Chicfila - Chantilly, Chic-fil-a Reston, Chic-fila-Ashburn etc. 

I thought a custom button on the parent account page with some sort of apex trigger would work in this scenario...any ideas on how to make this work?  I'm an admin, not a developer.  I believe I have exhausted all of the native functionality option with no clear path forward.

Hi All

Does any one know how to calculate:

Today()-CreatedDate

1/5/2010 -1/2/2010 = 3

1/1/2011-12/31/2010=1  (regardless of the times, this answer will always be 1)

Trying to take the time out of the calculation, just look at the two dates and subtract them. 

TIA

--David