• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi -

I have a requirement to display the number of open reservations an account has in the Accounts tab. To get the number I will need to join the Accounts Contacts and Reservations and then get the number of records. Basically Accounts -> Contacts -> Reservations (Open status)

1. Can I place a custom field as a formulae and do this?

2. Some discussion boards talk about a roll up field but that seems to be limited only to Accounts -> Contacts

Any suggestion on the best way to get this done is welcome.

Thanks is advance for your time.

Regards,

Pradhip. S

Hi -

Is there a way we to make the DEBUG Logs only generate and USER_DEBUG messages and suppress everything else?

Like a line of code or a system level setting?

Regards.

Pradhip. S

How do i get the WSDL File address for the WSDL file for my custom APEX Class. I am trying to use a web based Generic SOAP Client and it needs a WSDL File address.

I previously used SOAP UI which required me to physically download the WSDL File and then place it on a local drive from where SOAP UI could read it.

All -

Here is the issue I am facing. I am trying to use a java application as a client stub to generate a lot of data that I can then use ine force.com environment. So, I have created an APEX Class for my custom object called "reservation" with some methods exposed as webservicesand other methods not exposed as webservices.

I have also generated a .jar file using the WSC22 utility as indicated in the salesforce api quick start tutorial. http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Now, where I am really lost is how to use the jar fileand meaningfully code a java client application. I open the reservation. jar file in the ECLIPSE environment and am totally lost in how to use it. Is there any article / cookbooks in the SF documents area which takes the quick start a step further and show how to use a jar file generated from a custom APEX class and call the webservice methods inside them. I am able to use the sfenterprise.jar and execute queries and work with the results.

But I want to go a step further and

1.  try using  the java client to call my custom APEX Class methods

2.  try using the java client to call the methods exposed as webservices which I presume would be easier  

Any help/ document references in this regard will help.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Pradhip. S

All -

I have developed my own APEX Class API and I have also created a jar file for this API.

Now, I am having difficulties going about using this jar file in a java stub.

Can you point to any snippets of code that I can look into.

My specific problem is that my Apex class has only one method say MethodM. This works great in the SOAP UI tool when I use the WSDL.

But in the jar file I generated I see an <MethodM>_element.class, <MethodM>Response_element.class and various other classes.

The salesforceenterprise.jar file has its own set of methods of which I know I have to use the "login" method to get the session ID.

So, I am looking for a good tutorial or something that walks through this stuff for a beginner to make the java stub work.

Hello Experts I have a requirement where I have to validate the ticket number for a reservation. The ticket numbers get assigned by a user. We want to make sure that the ticket number was not assigned to any other reservation record for the same show. So, essentially I would have to browse through all the reservation ticket nos for that show and check if it has not been assigned. How can I do this? Will I need an Apex class or just a complex set of formulaes? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time Regards, Pradhip.S

Hi -

Is there a way to debug our code. I have a validation which passed the syntax test but it not giving me the right result.

I would like to know what values are being passed to the rule and how it is interpreting them.

So, is there a way to debug this validation during runtime? I am new to Force.Com and am finding my way through this stuff.

Such tools are commonly available in Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio. Just wondering.

Any help is appreciated and thanks for your time.

Regards,

Hi -

I have created a custom object called Reservation which has the Account and the Contact fields. They are defined as look up fields.

When I create a new Reservation I would like the Account field to be determined based on the Contact I choose.

How can I do this on the default creation page view that SalesForce provides for a custom object.

Do I have to use a VLOOKUP Function? If yes, where?

A code snippet would be appreciated.

Regards,

Hi -

I have a requirement to display the number of open reservations an account has in the Accounts tab. To get the number I will need to join the Accounts Contacts and Reservations and then get the number of records. Basically Accounts -> Contacts -> Reservations (Open status)

1. Can I place a custom field as a formulae and do this?

2. Some discussion boards talk about a roll up field but that seems to be limited only to Accounts -> Contacts

Any suggestion on the best way to get this done is welcome.

Regards,

Pradhip. S

How do i get the WSDL File address for the WSDL file for my custom APEX Class. I am trying to use a web based Generic SOAP Client and it needs a WSDL File address.

I previously used SOAP UI which required me to physically download the WSDL File and then place it on a local drive from where SOAP UI could read it.

Hello Experts I have a requirement where I have to validate the ticket number for a reservation. The ticket numbers get assigned by a user. We want to make sure that the ticket number was not assigned to any other reservation record for the same show. So, essentially I would have to browse through all the reservation ticket nos for that show and check if it has not been assigned. How can I do this? Will I need an Apex class or just a complex set of formulaes? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time Regards, Pradhip.S

Hi -

Is there a way to debug our code. I have a validation which passed the syntax test but it not giving me the right result.

I would like to know what values are being passed to the rule and how it is interpreting them.

So, is there a way to debug this validation during runtime? I am new to Force.Com and am finding my way through this stuff.

Such tools are commonly available in Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio. Just wondering.

Any help is appreciated and thanks for your time.

Regards,

Hi -

I have created a custom object called Reservation which has the Account and the Contact fields. They are defined as look up fields.

When I create a new Reservation I would like the Account field to be determined based on the Contact I choose.

How can I do this on the default creation page view that SalesForce provides for a custom object.

Do I have to use a VLOOKUP Function? If yes, where?

A code snippet would be appreciated.

Regards,

I get this error JVM terminated Exit code=-1 when installing on win 7. Also i get a firewall message, i click allow ans still get this error.

How do i fix this?

Force.com IDE Error

Hi,

Am unable to refresh any of the resources in the IDE from the server.

When am trying to refresh a page from the web, getting an Exception saying:

Unable to refresh resource 'MileaeExension.cls':
com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Unable to refresh resource 'MileaeExension.cls':

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Please assist to rectify the issue. 

Thanks in advance,

VNath