• 130 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

1. Define a new custom object named – HR in your Dev org. It should have all fields as indicated

HR NAme

firstname

lastname

jobcode

jobtitle

user(look up field)

2. Create new HR record

Note  - associated user field is blank.

3. Click Activate USER button

4. Open User screen and pre-populate information from HR record -

5. Fill in required details and click SAVE.

6. Associate this newly created USER with HR record and bring the control back to HR detail view page.

Note – this time, we need to see the User name populated in HR record user lookup.

Hello,

I have followed the Quick Start steps in the Lightning Component Developer's Guide, and I can test my expense app tracker in the browser, but I would like to know how to deploy it to salesforce1 mobile app?

Hi,

I am using a job with Talend to intergrate data with Salesforce.

every thing was working alright till the org moved to winter 14 !

I have connexion issues ! Talend can not connect to Salesforce !

With the same credentials , I can log in to Salesforce  usinge Dataloader or using the Entreprise WSDL with SoapUI.

But with Talend I can not log in to Salesforce anymore!

Is there any change with the salesforce webservice url?

I am using https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/19.0

Thank you !

Hi,

Can you tell me please how can I register and submit an appEchange as an individual developer?

thanks !

Hello dear Salesforce professionnals,

I am using Talend to create a batch that loads data from a csv file to Salesforce.

I am using the component tSalesforceOutput (action = INSERT) , but I need the ID of inserted rows, so I unchecked "Extended Output" on the advanced settings tab of the component, this allows me to check the "Retrieve Salesforce ID".

However I don't see the field "salesforce_id" that should appear in the output of the component!

And even though I created the field manually , I keep having an error saying the field is unrecognized.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hello,

I am trynig to reate rss feeds for my foce.com sites.

the mapping is :

ft:"Latest articles", et:"<a href=/Art?id="+Id+">"+Name+"</a>", ec: "Description : "+Description__c, ea:"Created by Administrator"

The problem is , when I display the rss on the navigator, I have got the value of the "et" param displayed as it is :

<a href=/Art?id=9342100>My Arcticle</a>

I tried to add  ect: html to my mapping, but I have got the error : You cannot use selected query fields to specify feed parameter entry content type

am i missing something? thank you!

Hello,

I want to call an external job , made with talend, from my trigger when a certain status changes.

How can we do tha?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I am using force.com sites, and the guest users are allowed to fill a form and submit images.

But I would like to resize the images in order to use them.

For instance, if I have a submitted image of 3 mega, I would like to make a copy having 200Ko as size.

Is it possible to do that with apex ou an API or whatever?

Thank you!

I would like to know what are the main differences between :

synchronous callouts and asychronous callouts

callouts in trigger, in batch and in a VF contoller

because I want to design a solution for the following requirement and I really dont khow what would be the appropried design :

Before inserting a new record for a cutom object, I want to do many synchronous callouts to gather some information, and  depending on these information I have to update some of my record's fields before inserting it.

I have thought about making this in a before insert trigger, but it seems that triggers do not support synchronous callouts.

Thank you!

Hi,

For my organization I have developped some callouts to an external web service once accounts are updated. If an error occured while calling the WS, I update an error field on the account.

Now i want to develop a batch that makes callouts for all accounts that has the error field not null.

The problem is it seems that i cant do more than one callout in the execute method of a batch..

So How can I develop  a batch that for a list of accounts, recalls the WS and updates the error filed again for each account?

Thank you!

Regards

Hello,

I have followed the Quick Start steps in the Lightning Component Developer's Guide, and I can test my expense app tracker in the browser, but I would like to know how to deploy it to salesforce1 mobile app?

Hi,

I am using a job with Talend to intergrate data with Salesforce.

every thing was working alright till the org moved to winter 14 !

I have connexion issues ! Talend can not connect to Salesforce !

With the same credentials , I can log in to Salesforce  usinge Dataloader or using the Entreprise WSDL with SoapUI.

But with Talend I can not log in to Salesforce anymore!

Is there any change with the salesforce webservice url?

I am using https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/19.0

Thank you !

Hi everyone

Please help me how to acheive the community Id in apex   urgent,,,

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Murali

Hi,

I am, working on a community project at the moment. 

Does anyone know how to centre the alignment of the menu buttons and the centre the main body of the pages

thanks in advance

Our company have 2 separate lines of business, for example company A and company B.

These 2 companies have completely separate branding and styling behind them.

We have been sold one Salesforce community and have been told by a salesforce sales engineer that this is possible to do through using CSS linked to portal user profile records but we are unable to find any documentation around this.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be completed.

Is it possible to do some actual branding for communities? The default branding is a bit limited. So if we would like to create custom template for the page and create content using VF site, can the community chatter feed be somehow embedded within such customized layout.

1. Define a new custom object named – HR in your Dev org. It should have all fields as indicated

HR NAme

firstname

lastname

jobcode

jobtitle

user(look up field)

2. Create new HR record

Note  - associated user field is blank.

3. Click Activate USER button

4. Open User screen and pre-populate information from HR record -

5. Fill in required details and click SAVE.

6. Associate this newly created USER with HR record and bring the control back to HR detail view page.

Note – this time, we need to see the User name populated in HR record user lookup.

Hi all,

I'm not a company or anything like that, just a developer who's written a useful little bit of functionality which I wanted to share on the appexchange.  How can I go about it?  Can I even do it?  Or is it only partner companies who can?  I wasn't planning on charging for the application, just wanted to share my work since I think it's something people will find useful.

Regards

Steven

Hi People,

I have a question. What would be the best and least cost to display a custom object on an Internal website? I have created a Calendar that is linked to a custom object and displays project records. This information displayed would only be for our company personal. Not for external use. And have the ability to update a couple fields when necessary. What are your thoughts?

Thanks again,

SC

Hi,

Currently I am working on Web services. I want to display specifc details of account record like Name, Phone, Fax, Description using APEX web services. Everthing is going cool.. but the problem is I have a custom field named as logo (data type=Rich Text Area). I want to display this field on client side when I am invoking the method..But when I am trying this it's not showing image unless I have logged in salesforce.com account. because the image url is like this

https://c.ap1.content.force.com/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0019000000NR7gE&feoid=00N90000004woLD&refid=0EM900000004YsG

how to display image on client side.

any suggestions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks,

kiran

Hello dear Salesforce professionnals,

I am using Talend to create a batch that loads data from a csv file to Salesforce.

I am using the component tSalesforceOutput (action = INSERT) , but I need the ID of inserted rows, so I unchecked "Extended Output" on the advanced settings tab of the component, this allows me to check the "Retrieve Salesforce ID".

However I don't see the field "salesforce_id" that should appear in the output of the component!

And even though I created the field manually , I keep having an error saying the field is unrecognized.

Any ideas?

Thank you

I'd like to override the standard Save button for Account objects. I know I can't do that directly, so I thought I'd override the Account Edit page, going to a Visualforce page instead, and then override the standard save action in a controller extension.

So I created a new VF page that looks like this:

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="AccountEditController">
<apex:detail subject="{!id}" relatedList="true"/>
</apex:page>

Then I overrode the Account Edit button to go to this page.

My first problem is that this page displays in view mode, not edit mode. If I click the Edit button, it (of course) just loads the same page again. How do I get the <apex:detail> component to display in edit mode?

My second problem is overriding the standard Save action. I think I can do it with the following in my controller extension:

public class AccountEditController {
private final Account acct;
private ApexPages.StandardController stdController;

public AccountEditController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
this.stdController = stdController;
}

public PageReference save() {
// Put my own stuff here

// Do the standard save action
return this.stdController.save();
}
}

Is that correct?

Thanks!

MJ.

• April 16, 2009
I'm using an outputfield to display the owner of my custom Project object in a VisualForce page - but I can't figure out how to add the [Change] link beside the owner name to enable the user to change the record owner.

Code:

<apex:outputfield value="{!Project__c.OwnerID}" />

Can anyone help? Thanks!

• August 28, 2008