• 30 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I posted something similar to this the other day and thought it answered my question, but it doesn't.

Is it possible to store values in a Map by calling the map in a formula? For example:

<table>

<apex:repeat value="{!myOpts}" var="f">
		<tr>
			<td class="fieldLabel">{!myOpts[f]}</td>
			<td>
				<apex:selectList value="{!myVals[f]}" size="1">
					<apex:selectOptions value="{!selectOpts}"/>
				</apex:selectList>
			</td>
		</tr>

</apex:repeat>
	</table>

Assuming the Maps myOpts and myVals have the same keys, what I want to do is store the selected value in the entry for myVals[f]. Displaying the value myOpts[f] as a label works fine. But setting the myVals[f] entry as the selectList value does not work.

Is this possible using a different syntax, e.g. writing some kind of wrapper function?  (I don't think it is)

thanks

• June 22, 2012

In this thread: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Accessing-Map-values-on-Visualforce-page/td-p/65017

Doug Chasman said "We do plan to provide native page formula support for maps and also access to length/size on collections - stay tuned for when that will be released."

Does anyone know if this is possible now? That is, can you get/set map key entries without writing individual getters/setters for each one?

thanks,

-paul

• June 20, 2012

Hi,

I'm getting this error in Firebug, in a production instance:

"this.replace is not a function" in VFRemote.js, line 25.

The same code works perfectly in the Sandbox. I've seen the error in the Sandbox also with the same code, but only with certain data.

It seems like it's a Saleforce bug, not a bug in my code, but I'd appreciate any input as to what might cause this.

Any ideas? It's urgent.

thanks,

-paul

• June 11, 2012

I posted something similar to this the other day and thought it answered my question, but it doesn't.

Is it possible to store values in a Map by calling the map in a formula? For example:

<table>

<apex:repeat value="{!myOpts}" var="f">
		<tr>
			<td class="fieldLabel">{!myOpts[f]}</td>
			<td>
				<apex:selectList value="{!myVals[f]}" size="1">
					<apex:selectOptions value="{!selectOpts}"/>
				</apex:selectList>
			</td>
		</tr>

</apex:repeat>
	</table>

Assuming the Maps myOpts and myVals have the same keys, what I want to do is store the selected value in the entry for myVals[f]. Displaying the value myOpts[f] as a label works fine. But setting the myVals[f] entry as the selectList value does not work.

Is this possible using a different syntax, e.g. writing some kind of wrapper function?  (I don't think it is)

thanks

• June 22, 2012

In this thread: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Accessing-Map-values-on-Visualforce-page/td-p/65017

Doug Chasman said "We do plan to provide native page formula support for maps and also access to length/size on collections - stay tuned for when that will be released."

Does anyone know if this is possible now? That is, can you get/set map key entries without writing individual getters/setters for each one?

thanks,

-paul

• June 20, 2012

Hi,

We are working on some document templates that i want to have a watermark background on each page.

It looks great as an HTML but when i try to render the page as PDF it looses the background .

Is there a way to fix this?

thanks

Dave

Hello Community,

I created a vf email template that will be sent when a portal user hits a submit button in the Portal. I'm encountering the following error:

SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, Read access denied for Timesheet_Period__c.

I'm wondering why this error occurs whereas other functionality in the portal connected to the object Timesheet_Period__c is working fine. I tried accessing the vf page inside salesforce and it works fine, the problem is in portal.

Below is the email template: 

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Timesheet Approval" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Timesheet_Period__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<c:EmailApprover period="{!relatedTo.Id}"/>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

My guess is that the {!relatedTo.Id} triggers the problem. I'm not sure what's the step should I make in addressing this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

In my apex code, system.now() returns the current Datetime based on a GMT calendar. My aim is to get the date time value in my local time zone.Since we have day light saving, I didn't think  about manipulating the time difference.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Under personal information, I have set the time zone as "Time Zone(GMT-05:00) Eastern Daylight Time (America/New_York)".

Hi,

I was trying to execute an event and then correspondingly execute an action when a user selects a value for a lookup field. How can this be done?

I am using AJAX to update a part of my page depending upon the selection for the lookup field

Thanx

how can we check the debug logs of guest users