• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

In Contacts tab, i would like to create a new custom field.  Can you show me the proper syntax.

I want to create a field titled "OpptyStage". i suppose it will be a text field.

I want the value of "OpptyStage" to equal the field titled "Stage" within the Opportunity Tab.  It's also known as StageName.

Please show me how to create this field.

Ultimately whart i am trying to accomplish is filter my 1,000 contacts to list only those that are associated with an active Opportunity. To do this, my thinking is to pull in the Opportunity Stage and use that for filtering the contacts.  This will yield something like 50 contacts for me.  If you have any other suggestions of how to get this view, I am all ears.

Thanks for your help

Gappman

Hello,

In Contacts tab, i would like to create a new custom field.  Can you show me the proper syntax.

I want to create a field titled "OpptyStage". i suppose it will be a text field.

I want the value of "OpptyStage" to equal the field titled "Stage" within the Opportunity Tab.  It's also known as StageName.

Please show me how to create this field.

Ultimately whart i am trying to accomplish is filter my 1,000 contacts to list only those that are associated with an active Opportunity. To do this, my thinking is to pull in the Opportunity Stage and use that for filtering the contacts.  This will yield something like 50 contacts for me.  If you have any other suggestions of how to get this view, I am all ears.

Thanks for your help

Gappman