• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI I am implementing oAuth to a website from salesforce.So the use case is that when user clicks a custom button it opens a pop up window.Then user authorizes the access from this  window and it is closed after the authorization is successful.Then apex has to store access_token in salesforce.

The problem is that I have to give a url to which the target site should redirect with a access_token after a successful authorization.So I am thinking of giving the url of a vf page which on load can check the access_token in query string and save it to salesforce,but what should be the external url of the vf  page?

I am open to other suggetions as well,please suggest any other way by which I can do the oAuth from salesforce.

Thanks

while transferring leads to some user,I get error : user must have read permission on leads.I have the free developer edition of salesforce, in which I only get one salesforce licence.It seems other licences can not have read access on leads.So how do I test my code.

I am creating a browser extension which posts to chatter using rest api.Once I get the access_token from OAuth user agent flow,I can not make call to rest services from javascript,due tobrowser  same origin policy.I do not want to use a server as proxy,since I want to make the extension purely client side.

I tried JSONP workaround,but it only works for GET,I need POST to post a feed to chatter

is there a possible way.Please suggest some work around

I want to post to chatter from javascript.the app I m creating is a browser extension,so its not specific to a particular domain.on clicking on a button,javascript does the oAuth dance ,and posts to chatter.is it possible,as in will it  not be affected by the same origin policy.

can you post some links,from where I can start and provide some guidance.

Thanks

I want to post to chatter for a case object from a specific user id.I have case Id and user id.giving feedItem.parentId=caseId is working , but how to set userId from which chatter is to be posted.

please help

Hi I have a situation where users wants to update fields of an sobject.User will provide field name to be updated and tha new value.How do I access the same field on SObject.Do I have to use switch for all fields.then What if new field is added to sobject ?

hi all

I want to find userId which has waited most since their last case assignment,how to do it in apex.

Any help will be much appreciated

hi all , in my apex code following line is causing error

trigger.new[i].OwnerId=selectedUserId;

here selectedUserId is a variable holding userId to which case should be transferred.

Error :  execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.FinalException: Record is read-only: Trigger.CaseRoutingTrigger

The system admin profile has transfer cases permission enabled.

Any guidance will be of great help

I have a pageblocksection with 3 columns.I want the width of columns as 50%,25%,25%.how to do that.

<apex:pageblockSection columns="3">
   <apex:pageBlockSectionItem />
</apex:pageblockSection>

please help

How to add data to custom objects without using data loader or import wizard.I have only 1 or 2 rows of data which I want to insert directly to an object without creating a tab for it.How to do that,please help

Hi all

I want to know how to use apex data loader to insert data for the objects which have lookup relationship with other objects.I mean what data I put for these fields in csv file.

how can I get opportunity product list programatically for an opportunity

Please help

I am using a javascript file as a static resource in my vf page.Every time I have to edit the js file ,I edit it on my local computer and upload a new version of static resource.is there a way to edit the hosted file in force.com using online editor(as there is for vf pages and apex classes)

I have one controller and two vf pages associated with it.now user performs some action on one page,this sets a result array in controller and then user is redirected to other page.

but in other page I m not getting the values in result array.result array is null.

any ideads

I want to set a array variable in controller from the values of select list.

controller:

public String[] searchFields= new String[]{};

public String[] getSearchFields() { 
    return searchFields;
}

public void setSearchFields(String[] searchFields) {
    this.searchFields = searchFields;
}

visualforce :

<apex:selectList value="{!searchFields}>
     <apex:selectoptions value="{!options}" />
</apex:selectList>

but this does not post all the values of selectList in controller's searchFields variable.

options list is populated by getOptions method in controller.and yes values in searchFields list is modified by javascript on client end.Please help

hi I have a situation like this : my vf page gets a list of users from the controller.I want to display user information in a pageblock table.number of fields which each user element has is not known,so the number of columns to be displayed in page block table is not known.

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!userList}" var="myUser" id="table">
     <apex:column value="{!myUser.field1}" />
     <apex:column value="{!myUser.field2}" />
     <apex:column value="{!myUser.fieldn}" />
</apex:pageBlockTable>

here the number of fields and their names(field1,field2.......fieldn.....) are to be determined dynamically. I am stuck,any idea will be of great help

thanks.

hi I have selectCheckBoxes tag in my vf page,which gets its select options from a method.I want to have label appearing next to each checkbox as a link.How to achieve this,Please help.

How to add data to custom objects without using data loader or import wizard.I have only 1 or 2 rows of data which I want to insert directly to an object without creating a tab for it.How to do that,please help

I want to set a array variable in controller from the values of select list.

controller:

public String[] searchFields= new String[]{};

public String[] getSearchFields() { 
    return searchFields;
}

public void setSearchFields(String[] searchFields) {
    this.searchFields = searchFields;
}

visualforce :

<apex:selectList value="{!searchFields}>
     <apex:selectoptions value="{!options}" />
</apex:selectList>

but this does not post all the values of selectList in controller's searchFields variable.

options list is populated by getOptions method in controller.and yes values in searchFields list is modified by javascript on client end.Please help

hi I have selectCheckBoxes tag in my vf page,which gets its select options from a method.I want to have label appearing next to each checkbox as a link.How to achieve this,Please help.

Win 32 system, XP OS. Using Eclipse Helios, Followed the following URL to do the very basic - install the eclipse plugin for Force.com, but no dice.  Here is the error at 47% everytime.  I don't see any resolution when i searched online.  Not sure if i am doing something wrong, or maybe the install documentation is incorrect, or may be an error in the installation package.  Pls. take a look and let me know what is going on.  Thanks.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.api,24.0.0.201202291629.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 7251ab037ae632a5a9835c7c07210451 and found 7fcf87fad05f91b6c00745869ba36929.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.core,24.0.0.201202291629.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 44db36699ca7fdd38917fced4e63c3b3 and found 7c211598ddd92347f0671c339fda7ac6.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,com.salesforce.ide.documentation,24.0.0.201202291629.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: 6d87eb2e76e7e19f7b709682e5272dfc and found 25a4e7db6ebe25b7a3cbcfd8119d38f2.

Hello all-

I am trying to display HTML stored in a field on a Visualforce page. But not sure it is possible. For example:

I have a custom object "HTML_Object__c" with a field called "". I want to call a custom component in a page that calls a custom controller that queries SFDC for this fields data:

Code:
public HTML_Object__c getHTMLText() {

HTML_Object__c HTMLText= [select  from HTML_Object__c Where SOME CONDITION IS TRUE]; 

return HTMLText;
    }     

Then in the controller I want to display it in the VF page:

Code:
{!HTMLText.HTML_output__c}

The problem is it displays the HTML as HTML. So if I had "<strong>Test</strong>" stored in the field it would display exactly that and not "test".

Any one know if I can do this?? Thanks in advance