• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My next project seems like using web service api frequently, I want to know some restrictions about the api to decide how to construct the project.

I already know about how many time could we make API calls in 24 hours, and there still another questions.

1.How about the size when posts datas to SF or from SF to other services? Are there any restrictions? 1M?

2.How about the supported data types when posts to SF or from SF? I heard that it doesn't support the Blob,decimal,enum types when post datas from SF, but how about post to SF? Are there other data types do not be supported?

3.Are there any rectrictions about API calls at the same time? I don't mean *exactly* the same time, for example, how about 5 seconds? How many API calls could we make in 5 seconds or 20 seconds?

4.Are the restrictions any differences between asynchronous communication and synchronous communication?

It's very glad to see anybody answer my questions. Or you can just give me a link about such informations.

Thanks.

• October 24, 2012

Well, we can use Workflow to send a mail and appoint the time when the mail be sent, what I want to know is whether we could appoint the time based on a field's value in an SObject.

For instance, I have a field names Send_Date__c, if I set the value 7, when workflow fired, it gets the value and sends mail after one week, if I set the value 10, the workflow gets the value and sends mail after 10 days...

I really doubt it is possible. Could anyone tell me is this idea workable?

Thank you.

• April 09, 2012

For example, I have two sobjects as below:

SobjectA__c, which has three fields: column1__c, column2__c, column3__c

SobjectB__c, which has one field: column_name__c

What I want to do is,  I get the value of column_name__c from SobjectA__c and run a trigger for SobjectB__c.

If  column_name__c's value is "column1__c" then I set the field "column1__c" 's value to 1.

If the value is "column2__c" then I set the field "column2__c" 's value to 1, and so on...

The value decides which field to be changed.

Could anyone tell me Is this consideration possible? If it's possible, how to achieve it?

Thank you.

• March 26, 2012

My next project seems like using web service api frequently, I want to know some restrictions about the api to decide how to construct the project.

I already know about how many time could we make API calls in 24 hours, and there still another questions.

1.How about the size when posts datas to SF or from SF to other services? Are there any restrictions? 1M?

2.How about the supported data types when posts to SF or from SF? I heard that it doesn't support the Blob,decimal,enum types when post datas from SF, but how about post to SF? Are there other data types do not be supported?

3.Are there any rectrictions about API calls at the same time? I don't mean *exactly* the same time, for example, how about 5 seconds? How many API calls could we make in 5 seconds or 20 seconds?

4.Are the restrictions any differences between asynchronous communication and synchronous communication?

It's very glad to see anybody answer my questions. Or you can just give me a link about such informations.

Thanks.

• October 24, 2012

For example, I have two sobjects as below:

SobjectA__c, which has three fields: column1__c, column2__c, column3__c

SobjectB__c, which has one field: column_name__c

What I want to do is,  I get the value of column_name__c from SobjectA__c and run a trigger for SobjectB__c.

If  column_name__c's value is "column1__c" then I set the field "column1__c" 's value to 1.

If the value is "column2__c" then I set the field "column2__c" 's value to 1, and so on...

The value decides which field to be changed.

Could anyone tell me Is this consideration possible? If it's possible, how to achieve it?

Thank you.

• March 26, 2012