• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Apex code should run in system context (except when running executeAnonymous, or using "with sharing", or testing with "runAs").

Specifically, @future calls should run in system context (or, at least, in the same context as their caller).

Instead, they are running in the user context.

Here's a quick example of an api method that queries for a private contact belonging to 'user1':

Code:
 1  Webservice static void now_and_later() {
 2    queryPrivateContact();
 3    queryLater();
 4   }
 5  public static void queryPrivateContact() {
 6    Contact c = [select Name from Contact where Id = '0037000000cWgTXAA0'];
 7    System.debug(c);
 8    }
 9  @future static void queryLater() {
10    queryPrivateContact();
11    }

If I call this api method as 'user1', everything works fine (here's the debug output, from the non-future call at line 2):

Code:
$ perl api.pl -u user1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calling 'i.aa_api.now_and_later' as user1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEBUG LOG:
20081118002023.813:Class.i.aa_api.queryPrivateContact: line 7, column 9:

If I call it as 'user2', who is a standard user & thus isn't normally able to see the private contact, the line 2 call to queryPrivateContact works fine (because the code is running in system context).  As a result, the debug output is what you would expect:

Code:
$ perl api.pl -u user2
Calling 'i.aa_api.now_and_later' as user2
DEBUG LOG:
20081118002029.727:Class.i.aa_api.queryPrivateContact: line 7, column 9:

However, an exception is thrown when the @future method queryLater runs, and the developer org gets an an error email:

Code:
Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00570000001IdET/00D70000000Jqpv

Failed to invoke future method 'static void queryLater()'

Debug Log:
System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject

Class.i.aa_api.queryPrivateContact: line 6, column 21
Class.i.aa_api.queryLater: line 10, column 9

This shows that the @future method is running in the user context, rather than the system context.  As a result, the SOQL in "queryPrivateContact" returns empty, and thus we get the "List has no rows for assignment" error.

Message Edited by jhart on 11-17-2008 04:32 PM

Message Edited by jhart on 11-17-2008 04:32 PM
  • November 18, 2008