• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need a way to search for line breaks in a Text Area field, however I can't figure out how to accomplish this using a standard formula function.  FIND("\n",BillingStreet), FIND(\n,BillingStreet), FIND(BR(),BillingStreet), FIND("<br>",BillingStreet), and every other variation I can think of doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know if I can search for line breaks using some kind of APEX method?

Any ideas or suggesions would be really appreciated.

When you sync Outlook contacts to Salesforce and the Outlook Company matches more than one Salesforce Account, the contact goes in to the Contacts object without an Account and becomes hidden from the Contacts list view.  Secondly, it creates an entry in "My Unresolved Items" (accessible on the home page).  My question is this... where is the Outlook Company field value stored?  It's visible when you're viewing the Unresolved Contacts (it tells you what the company name was in Outlook and asks you to select the appropriate Salesforce account name to match it), but when you look on the Contacts object itself, there's no field called "Outlook Company".

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out if this is a related record entry somewhere, or if maybe it's a special hidden field of some kind and, if so, how I can use a formula field to pull the Outlook Company value on to the Contact record so that it's visible.  Does anyone have any idea where the Outlook Company value gets stored for all the Unresolved Contacts in the Contacts object?

Any help or ideas would be HUGELY helpful.

Hi all,

So I'm trying to link to an anchor tag in a salesforce URL (#bookmark).  When the page loads, it first jumps down to the field with the ID of the bookmark, but then the second the page finishes loading, it snaps back up to the top.  When I tried researching this a little in Google, I came to realize that this seems to be something common in salesforce, where people on slow connections will even start browsing the record and once the page finishes loading, it snaps them back up to the top and they loose their place.

1) Does anyone know of an override parameter that I can add to the URL ("&snapping=0" or something like that) to turn this snapping function off?

2) Does anyone know how I can setFocus on a field using a URL parameter?

3) Does anyone know of a standard list of URL override paremeters and functions that are used by salesforce?

Thanks!!

Chris

Hi All,

So in the full features sheet for force.com it SAYS that sales objects aren't included, but when I signed up for a free trial, I can see the sales objects all there, they're just hidden in the page where you have to hit the "+" sign to see them.  Has anyone on here created or done developement on a paid force.com account and customized it?  If so, are the sales objects included with it?  I'm trying to figure out why the force.com trial accounts looks identical to the normal salesforce.com enterprise accounts, with the exception that most of the standard objects are in the "+" section instead of on a "sales" app by default.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've written a HYPERLINK formula button that opens a new page and auto-fills a bunch of fields, but one of the fields is a text box (it's auto-populating a text box with a value that was in a text box on the previous page).  The text box has line breaks and I need to repeat the line breaks in the text box on the new page, but I can't figure out for the life of me how I do it.  Does anyone know how to move text (that includes the carriage returns) from one text box to another using the HYPERLINK formula function button (As opposed to the normal "Custom Button"??

I prefer to make my buttons in the form of clickable hyperlink formula fields that I can place anywhere on the page instead of the typical custom buttons at the top of the page (that way I can assign logic to them and make them more intuitive by having the buttons dynamically change and tell the user what to do next and go to different URL's based on what needs to be done).  Normally I've never come accross anything that couldn't be done that way, but this is probably the first wall I've hit using that method.  Thanks a bunch to anyone who has any ideas on this one.

When you have a contact email address wrong, Salesforce puts a yellow warning icon next to the address. Users can view a list of their contacts with this problem but as a Salesforce Manager could I get a report of all email addresses that have this problem?

Thanks

Hi all,

So I'm trying to link to an anchor tag in a salesforce URL (#bookmark).  When the page loads, it first jumps down to the field with the ID of the bookmark, but then the second the page finishes loading, it snaps back up to the top.  When I tried researching this a little in Google, I came to realize that this seems to be something common in salesforce, where people on slow connections will even start browsing the record and once the page finishes loading, it snaps them back up to the top and they loose their place.

1) Does anyone know of an override parameter that I can add to the URL ("&snapping=0" or something like that) to turn this snapping function off?

2) Does anyone know how I can setFocus on a field using a URL parameter?

3) Does anyone know of a standard list of URL override paremeters and functions that are used by salesforce?

Thanks!!

Chris

HI 

How can i make a validation rule fire only for new cases i.r, created only after july 2012 and do not effect the historical cases.

Hi

I have two field in the user.

one field is date of birth.its date field.

and another field is next date of birth its formula field.

now my scenario is suppose my date of birth is 05\08\1990

now in next date of birth field it must display the current year date of birth in next date of birth field=05/08/2012

can u please help me to display the like that.

thanks in advances

• May 16, 2012

Hello, 

I'm looking to query all "My Unresolved Items" records. I looked under the tasks object and didn't really see anything...

I also looked through this documentation: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_list.htm but couldn't seem to find anything useful. 

Thanks