• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

How do i set Restricting Login IP Ranges to allow login for any ip address?

Regards

Joao

Hi,

Is it possible to filter data by user at API level? Something like Virtual Database. For instance, database.com would guarantee that each user only sees data created by himself. I'm asking this cause I want to do something like Oracle's VPD... or multitenant database.

Regards

Joao

Hi folks,

I want to develop a mobile app (ios/android) that users would insert data in a database object/table.

The data will be submited without login/password. Any user that install my app would be allowed to submit data with some constraints related to repeating and their device ID (UDID).

I've followed some tutorials about oauth authentication, but the problem is that all of them involve redirecting to a URL and clicking allow approving access  (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com)

How can I insert records on a table without intermediate authentication? 

Image that I want to create an app that would allow users to report that they saw an eagle... I just want that the app allow users to send the gps coordinates and for instance a photo to my table object. 

Is this possible to do with database.com services?

Regards

Joao

Hi,

How do i set Restricting Login IP Ranges to allow login for any ip address?

Regards

Joao

Hi folks,

I want to develop a mobile app (ios/android) that users would insert data in a database object/table.

The data will be submited without login/password. Any user that install my app would be allowed to submit data with some constraints related to repeating and their device ID (UDID).

I've followed some tutorials about oauth authentication, but the problem is that all of them involve redirecting to a URL and clicking allow approving access  (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com)

How can I insert records on a table without intermediate authentication? 

Image that I want to create an app that would allow users to report that they saw an eagle... I just want that the app allow users to send the gps coordinates and for instance a photo to my table object. 

Is this possible to do with database.com services?

Regards

Joao

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried providing a security token based access to regular Database.com user (not an administrator)? There simply does not seem to be any way of doing it. If I login as a db.com user (non admin), the only page that I have access to is to change my own password. 'Reset My Security Token' link is available, but when I click on it, I get 'Insufficient privileges...' message. In so far as I know, an admin cannot reset security token for other users, right? 

Then, how is a regular db.com user supposed to access (via API) db.com? I know OAuth exists and works perfectly. But, I have a case here which precludes using oAuth.

Can someone show me a way please?

Best regards

P Athani