• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
we are thinking of using Salesforce Connect (Lightning) to link Salesforce records to Order information that is stored in our SAP ERP system.
In this SAP system would be a URL that we would need to be able to click on to bring up a tracking web page.
Does Connect support this? I know there is no formula field support but unclear if this includes URLs
Alternatively I presume we would be able to use a custom button that access the external data source field
Many Thanks in advance
Brian

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has come across this issue in relation to cloud servers.

We are using an instance on a cloud based server to host a web application.

We want to call from this web application to a test instance of Salesforce via the Oauth protocols.

On the cloud server the web site callback url is called:

https://sp2010/_layouts/SFChatterWP/oAuthLoginPage.aspx

and runs under SSL certificates.

We have created the Remote Access Application on the Salesforce Instance we want to connect to and set the callback URL to:

https://sp2010/_layouts/SFChatterWP/oAuthLoginPage.aspx

and generated the Consumer Key and Secret and added these to cloud based web site.

When we initiate the call from the cloud server website we get the error

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.f688708d-9571-43f2-8828-fbcb0035e1f0

We can see from logs that we are attempting to connect to the SF instance but as we are using a cloud server there could be some issues with the callback url.

I have also tried this with an alternate url provided to access the cloud based server

https://bfo1576dumi39ralgkl.cld.sr/_layouts/SFChatterWP/oAuthLoginPage.aspx

but this also fails.

When I delete the Remote Access application in SF I get as far as the token validation screen in Salesforce but

again I fail to connect once I add the activation code.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated

Regards

Brian Farrell

Hi,

has anyone attempted to use the latest ap exchange Chatter code to integrate with Sharepoint 2010?

We are attempting to do this with a virtual machine running SharePoint 2010 SP1. We install the components and deploy the web parts to a Sharepoint page. We then click the login button expecting to be presented with a screen to enter the SF login details but we get the error:

Error: There is some problem in Chatter web part configuration. Please contact your administrator. 

In the Event logs for Sharepoiint we get the error:

An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:\n\nSubject Name: CN=login.salesforce.com, OU=Applications, O="Salesforce.com, Inc.", L=San Francisco, S=California, C=US\nIssuer Name: CN=VeriSign Class 3 International Server CA - G3, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US\nThumbprint: 3863534EF5120F2E8C759EB43CE71E100AD4AF72\n\nErrors:\n\n The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..

We are using a consumer key and secret that we have generated fron a test salesforce instance.

It would suggest its a problem with a SSL certificate but the details mentioned in the above error are not related to any certificates we have created or assigned to the Sharepoint web site.

I realise this code has only be released in the last two weeks and very few people may have attempted this integration but any help to resolve this would be much appreciated

Many Thanks 

Brian

Hi,

has anyone attempted to use the latest ap exchange Chatter code to integrate with Sharepoint 2010?

We are attempting to do this with a virtual machine running SharePoint 2010 SP1. We install the components and deploy the web parts to a Sharepoint page. We then click the login button expecting to be presented with a screen to enter the SF login details but we get the error:

Error: There is some problem in Chatter web part configuration. Please contact your administrator. 

In the Event logs for Sharepoiint we get the error:

An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:\n\nSubject Name: CN=login.salesforce.com, OU=Applications, O="Salesforce.com, Inc.", L=San Francisco, S=California, C=US\nIssuer Name: CN=VeriSign Class 3 International Server CA - G3, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US\nThumbprint: 3863534EF5120F2E8C759EB43CE71E100AD4AF72\n\nErrors:\n\n The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..

We are using a consumer key and secret that we have generated fron a test salesforce instance.

It would suggest its a problem with a SSL certificate but the details mentioned in the above error are not related to any certificates we have created or assigned to the Sharepoint web site.

I realise this code has only be released in the last two weeks and very few people may have attempted this integration but any help to resolve this would be much appreciated

Many Thanks 

Brian