• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Ok, lets see if I can explain this one.

I have a custom object called "Customer Changes"  The first part of the form shows the existing account information - address, program type, etc.  This information is in formula fields that look to the account tab for the information.

The second part of the form is detailing the type of request you want to make to the account - new address, new program group, etc.  these are regular pick list fields.

The problem I am having is after the change is approved and the account is updated - it pulls that new information over in the formula fields so it now looks like the previous address is the same as the requested change to the new address.

Is there a way to limit the field updating to just when the record is created and then prevent it from updating again when the account information changes?

Thanks!

Ok, lets see if I can explain this one.

I have a custom object called "Customer Changes"  The first part of the form shows the existing account information - address, program type, etc.  This information is in formula fields that look to the account tab for the information.

The second part of the form is detailing the type of request you want to make to the account - new address, new program group, etc.  these are regular pick list fields.

The problem I am having is after the change is approved and the account is updated - it pulls that new information over in the formula fields so it now looks like the previous address is the same as the requested change to the new address.

Is there a way to limit the field updating to just when the record is created and then prevent it from updating again when the account information changes?

Thanks!