• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a need to use isdtp=vw to display my org's solutions within our portal made of custom visualforce pages.

The Solutions VF page has an <apex:iframe> in it that points to src="/{!$CurrentPage.parameters.solutionId}?isdtp=vw"

This works for displaying the standard solutions layout inside our Solutions VF page. However I have an inline visualforce page on solutions used for displaying youtube videos and this seems to be causing an issue when combined with isdtp=vw in the URL. As long as this VF page is on the layout, even if I change the page to nothing more than <apex:page></apex:page>, the content of the standard Solution/Workaround Details field on solutions shows as blank. The label is still there but there is just a blank space the same size of the actual content that should be showing.

As soon as I remove the inline VF page from the Solutions layout everything works fine.(besides missing the inline VF)

I have also gone to the source of the iframe directly and the same issue occurs so it is unrelated the portal VF surrounding the iframe.

isdtp=mn  &  isdtp=lt both successfully show the inline VF page and Solution/Workaround Details field but I do not want to use the old Salesforce UI that results from using these parameters.

Any idea how I can use the isdtp=vw paramter and an inline vf page without the Solution/Workaround Details issue?

Thanks,

JimmyJ

We are using Question and Answers in our customer portal and would like email notifications similar to Salesforce Success' question/answer boards.

I was able to create a trigger that would send email to the clients involved in the discussion whenever a new reply/answer was added however the only issue I am having is that the email is sent on behalf of the client that posted the reply/answer.

In outlook it appears like this:

noreply@salesforce.com; on behalf of; Customer Portal <client@clientcompany.com>

I do not wish to expose our clients email address to each other, is there a way to send emails from apex code using the same on behalf of every time such as noreply@mycompany.com?

Thanks,

Jimmy

I currently have an SOQL statement in my Apex extenstion for a visualforce page with the following

CGM = [Select id FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE Opportunity.Owner.ID = :cntact.id AND Opportunity.CloseDate >= :beginDate ];

When I run the Visual Force page I receive the following error:

Argument 1 cannot be null 

An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified.

However when I change the SOQL statement to the following(without the > in the bold text) there is no error on the visual force page. It even pulls the Opportunity products from Opporunities that closed on beginDate.

CGM = [Select id FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE Opportunity.Owner.ID = :cntact.id AND Opportunity.CloseDate = :beginDate ];

This is the code for beginDate. byear and bmonth are integers set by the visualforce page.

public Date beginDate;

public Date getBeginDate(){
if(bmonth!=null && byear!=null){
beginDate = date.newInstance(Integer.valueOf(byear),Integer.valueOf(bmonth),1);
return beginDate;
}else{
return null;
}
}

Like I said everything is working as expected without the > but breaks when it is added.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

-JimmyJ

We are using Question and Answers in our customer portal and would like email notifications similar to Salesforce Success' question/answer boards.

I was able to create a trigger that would send email to the clients involved in the discussion whenever a new reply/answer was added however the only issue I am having is that the email is sent on behalf of the client that posted the reply/answer.

In outlook it appears like this:

noreply@salesforce.com; on behalf of; Customer Portal <client@clientcompany.com>

I do not wish to expose our clients email address to each other, is there a way to send emails from apex code using the same on behalf of every time such as noreply@mycompany.com?

Thanks,

Jimmy

I currently have an SOQL statement in my Apex extenstion for a visualforce page with the following

CGM = [Select id FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE Opportunity.Owner.ID = :cntact.id AND Opportunity.CloseDate >= :beginDate ];

When I run the Visual Force page I receive the following error:

Argument 1 cannot be null 

An unexpected error has occurred. Your development organization has been notified.

However when I change the SOQL statement to the following(without the > in the bold text) there is no error on the visual force page. It even pulls the Opportunity products from Opporunities that closed on beginDate.

CGM = [Select id FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE Opportunity.Owner.ID = :cntact.id AND Opportunity.CloseDate = :beginDate ];

This is the code for beginDate. byear and bmonth are integers set by the visualforce page.

public Date beginDate;

public Date getBeginDate(){
if(bmonth!=null && byear!=null){
beginDate = date.newInstance(Integer.valueOf(byear),Integer.valueOf(bmonth),1);
return beginDate;
}else{
return null;
}
}

Like I said everything is working as expected without the > but breaks when it is added.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

-JimmyJ