• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

I could use some help. I'm trying to learn how to write Lightning Web Components and I've had some success recreating some basic examples, but I'm having a hard time putting everything together. Here are the items I need:

* A LWC called from a button on an Opportunity.
* Component should have 2 tabs and pop up in a modal window.
* Tab 1 should have something akin to a lightning edit form for some fields from the opportunity from where the button was clicked
* Tab 2 should have a list of some opportunity-related children (such as opportunity line items) showing a few columns.

Any idea how to go about doing this? I got a simple record edit form working but only when it's imbeded into the page of the record itself. Beyond that I'm stuck, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to solve the Lotus Notes-to-Salesforce integration issue. Poked around the app exchange and found iHance but I was wondering if I could build out my own. As far as I can tell the idea is just to set up an email service on salesforce and auto-forwarding rules in Lotus Notes (on both send and recieve) and then have the InboundEmail class do the work of parsing and storing the various email components in a custom object.

It seems to sort of work when I send the email directly to the address from the service. However after I set up two rules in Lotus Notes (one for incoming and one for outgoing emails) and asked it to send a full copy to that long address, but when I look at it in Salesforce logs it never seems to be getting there. I'm wondering if there's something about that address that Lotus Notes doesn't like or some other reason it doesn't seem to be auto-forwarding as asked.

Any thoughts? Does anyone have any other suggestions when it comes to Lorus Notes integration?

Thanks!

• September 24, 2012

So I'm wondering if this is possible in SF. Say I upload an rtf file (not UTF-8 encoded) to docs. Then I'd like to be able to pick up that file (probably via apex) and get some stats from it. Let's say something simple like a word count. Is that possible?

I know that with a UTF-8 encoded file and the doc.body.toString() method I can get the actual string content, but is there something I can do for a regular rtf file with ANSI encoding? Ideally I'd like to get it to a place where I can actually tell where paragraphs begin and end, get other properties like color of text, etc, but let's start with word count.

• August 21, 2012

Hello,

I just inherited a vf page that uses a Graphic graph which is populated by pulling variables from the controller. It renders fine in IE (9) but not at all in Firefox or Chrome. I'm not really sure where to look for an error. Can anyone advise?

Thank you!

• August 20, 2012

Hi, I'm wonderinf if it's possible to discard a dml action without an error, specificly on insert. I know that you can do record.adderror() in apex on a trigger and the dml action won't go through, but that'll cause everything else to halt as well as soon as that error is hit. What I'm wonderinf is if it's possible to simply discard the action somehow. So for a before insert trigger:

for(Contact c : trigger.new){

if(c.someField__c == 'some value'){

do something that c is never inserted.

}

}

I know I can always mark this record for deletion and get rid of it via a future method with a delete statment, but that's extra queries and dmls that I'm trying to avoid. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm wonderinf if it's possible to discard a dml action without an error, specificly on insert. I know that you can do record.adderror() in apex on a trigger and the dml action won't go through, but that'll cause everything else to halt as well as soon as that error is hit. What I'm wonderinf is if it's possible to simply discard the action somehow. So for a before insert trigger:

for(Contact c : trigger.new){

if(c.someField__c == 'some value'){

do something that c is never inserted.

}

}

I know I can always mark this record for deletion and get rid of it via a future method with a delete statment, but that's extra queries and dmls that I'm trying to avoid. Any ideas?

Hi all

when I uplaod csv file Iam getting the above error .

anybody help me

System.StringException: BLOB is not a valid UTF-8 string 

In account object, I have attached a word document in Notes and Attachement RelatedList. Through apex code, I want to fetch the body text of this word document attached. For this, Apex code is:

Account acc = [select Name from Account LIMIT 1];

Attachment att = [Select name,ContentType,body,ParentId,Description from Attachment where ParentId =: acc.Id];

// Get body of the attachment in Blob variable and converting it to string

Blob bodyBlob = att.body;

String bodyStr = bodyBlob.toString();

But the above code generates String Exception which says: 'BLOB is not a valid UTF-8 string'

The above code works fine for attachments which have .rtf extension.

Is it possible to get the content of the body of any Word (.doc) attachment in Apex? Please suggest some workaround.

Thanks

I've got an object defined with an "external ID" field (in this case, email address).

We've got code that takes real-world values and upserts them into this object.  We don't bother querying for matches first - we just upsert the given values, knowing that the object they will either insert (if new) or update (thus resolving to the correct ID).  Either way my SObjects are guaranteed to have a valid ID post-upsert.

However, if I run enough processes in parallel, I'll get an upsert error:

EXCEPTION: Upsert failed.  First exception on row 0; first error:
DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: i__FullAddr__c duplicates value on record with id: a0T700000003bX4

I'll investigate using the Database.upsert() method to retry the upsert on failure; hopefully that will fix the problem.

Am I smoking crack to think that upsert should be an atomic operation?  This is empirically not the case - we've clearly got interleaved upserts - but is this a bug or a "feature"?
  • May 01, 2008