• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I've configured Live Agent to Work with the Custom Portal without using Sites, but the pre-chat form functionality is not working.  
Problem
The actual behavior is, when the customer clicks on the link to chat with a live agent and the live agent accepts, the customer is immediately able to chat with the live agent. 
Desired Behavior
The expected behavior is, when a customer clicks on a link to chat with a live agent and the live agent accepts the chat, the customer should complete a pre-chat form before proceeding to chat with the live agent. 
Resources
The pre chat form is created using examples provided by salesforce (I used the code in the example verbatim and I also tried using code from Pre-Chat form with some CSS.pdf). The visualforce page renders standalone, but it does not appear when the user clicks on a button.  The visualforce pages are associated with the customer portal user's profile.  I've used the example attached as well as the example in the official live chat developer's guide.  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/live_agent_dev/index.htm.  The documentation does not provide enough information to implement the pre-chat form successfully.  
Another member from our team reviewed this issue and did not see where the javascript references the button and also believed the documentation is light.
Does the visualforce page only work with sites?  Is there an existing environment setup where this feature is working?  Do you have any sample pre-chat forms that use html/javascript instead of visualforce pages?
Thank you in advance for your help.  I have a video demonstrating the problem, if that will help  http://www.screencast.com/t/Xgv8EQDb4.
  • March 02, 2012

Hi,

I am currently using the Salesforce Live Agent. I have successfully setup the administrator and the operator accounts and am able to establish the chat from a site that is Customer Portal enabled.

What I need is to display the logged in user name and context on the operator console when a chat invite is accepted by the operator. Currently it displays the name as  "visitor:" beside the visitor's message. Can I have the name of the Logged in User here. Also I need the contact associated with the User to be displayed. How do I establish the connection with my salesforce org so that I can achieve this.

I also need to route the chat to the appropriate operator based on certain parameters of the logged in user. Ex I need to route the chat to the account owner of the visitor. I can see only the default routing(based on departments) and a way to route based on their current chat activity. Is there any other way to specify custom routing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,