• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to change JavaScript to jQuery but having some issues. Any help to resolve this issue is highly appreciated.

Thank you 

Scenario:
When user clicks on a custom link a prompt window(JavaScript) will show up  to capture phone number changes. The custom link and input hidden fields are with in my datatable so ids are not fixed. Now I would like to change this JavaScript functionality to jQuery but for some reason I am unable to show the input box on dialog to enter/modify the phone number.

VF:
<apex:dataTable align="center" cellspacing="1" value="{!contactlist}" var="contact" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(contactlist))}">
     <apex:column headerclass="ct" width="70px">
 <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet>                                   
 <apex:inputfield id="Name" value="{!contact.Name__c}" style="width:70px;height:30px;text-align:right;" />
        <apex:commandlink value="Enter Phone" onClick="capturePhone('{!$Component.phone}');" />
    </apex:column>
    <apex:column>
    <apex:inputHidden id="phone" value="{!contact.phone__c}" />
</apex:dataTable>

JS:
<script language="JavaScript">
  function capturePhone(Phone){
     var newPhone=prompt("Please enter Phone",document.getElementById(Phone).value);
     if (newPhone !=null)
     {
       document.getElementById(Phone).value=newPhone;
     }
  }
</script>

jQuery:
 <head>
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/js/jquery-1.9.1.js')}"  />
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/js/jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom.min.js')}"  />
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom.css')}"  />
 <script>
   j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
         var newPhone = document.getElementById(Phone);
       j$('<div id = Phone>').dialog( {

modal: true,
                                        position: 'center' ,
                                        title: 'Enter the Phone',
                                        resizable: false,
                                        height:140,
                                        buttons : {
                                                   "Ok": function() {
                                                       j$( this ).dialog( "close" );
                                                    },
                                                   "Cancel": function() {
                                                    } 
                                                   }
                                         });

j$('<div id = Phone>').html(phone); -----Could be a problem?

j$('<div id = Phone>').dialog("open");

}
  </script>
 <head>

How can I calculate row, column totals  dynamically and show them on the screen?

I have a visualforce page which is dynamically generated[based on soql results] with N number of rows and columns like matrix grid and now I would like to add a static summary row and column at the end to display the row and column summaries respectively. Summary values should be generated whenever there is change to any cell value and/or also whenever user adds or delete a row. Could you please guide me with some sample code for both apex and vf page to accomplish this task?

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

How do I set selectoption value dynamically based on query results?

I have a single select picklist on my VF page with list values 1,2,3,4,5 and I would like to use this selectlist within datatable to read/write records to database. I am able to write the data to table but when I want to read the data the selectoption is not showing the stored value automatically[still showing the list to select one option]. For sure I must be missing something silly so I would like to request for an example with both controller and VF page code.

Thank you

I am trying to change JavaScript to jQuery but having some issues. Any help to resolve this issue is highly appreciated.

Thank you 

Scenario:
When user clicks on a custom link a prompt window(JavaScript) will show up  to capture phone number changes. The custom link and input hidden fields are with in my datatable so ids are not fixed. Now I would like to change this JavaScript functionality to jQuery but for some reason I am unable to show the input box on dialog to enter/modify the phone number.

VF:
<apex:dataTable align="center" cellspacing="1" value="{!contactlist}" var="contact" rendered="{!NOT(ISNULL(contactlist))}">
     <apex:column headerclass="ct" width="70px">
 <apex:facet name="header">Name</apex:facet>                                   
 <apex:inputfield id="Name" value="{!contact.Name__c}" style="width:70px;height:30px;text-align:right;" />
        <apex:commandlink value="Enter Phone" onClick="capturePhone('{!$Component.phone}');" />
    <apex:column>
    <apex:inputHidden id="phone" value="{!contact.phone__c}" />
</apex:dataTable>

JS:
<script language="JavaScript">
     var newPhone=prompt("Please enter Phone",document.getElementById(Phone).value);
     if (newPhone !=null)
     {
       document.getElementById(Phone).value=newPhone;
     }
  }
</script>

jQuery:
 <head>
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/js/jquery-1.9.1.js')}"  />
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/js/jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom.min.js')}"  />
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery, 'jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom/css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.10.1.custom.css')}"  />
 <script>
   j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
         var newPhone = document.getElementById(Phone);
       j$('<div id = Phone>').dialog( {

modal: true,
                                        position: 'center' ,
                                        title: 'Enter the Phone',
                                        resizable: false,
                                        height:140,
                                        buttons : {
                                                   "Ok": function() {
                                                    },
                                                   "Cancel": function() {
                                                    } 
                                                   }
                                         });

j$('<div id = Phone>').html(phone); -----Could be a problem?

j$('<div id = Phone>').dialog("open");

}
  </script>
 <head>

hi

i am facing trouble while i want to add the values of displayed items .

For example :

1                2                         3  == 6

2                 3                        1 == 6

3                 1                         2  == 6

-----------------------------------------

6                6                          6

I am using group by clause for getting values.

my query :

Select Count(CaseNumber) tot1 , Product_Service_Category_Poc__c p1,Case_Type_Poc__c p2  from  Case where CreatedDate = THIS_WEEK and Status = 'open' group by Product_Service_Category_Poc__c,Case_Type_Poc__c