• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What is best practice used to associate the service contract with an Entitlement when teh entitlement is created using entitlement template. When you associate the Template to Product and create either an Asset or Contract line item using that product a Entitlement is created based on the template.  It does associate the Contract Line Item but it does not associate the service contract .

Now the way Service Contract name field is defined , it could be difficumt just by looking at the Contract Line Item whcih service contract it belongs to. My challange is how to automatically associate a Service Contract with an Entitlement created using template.

Any good answer will be helpful !!

We are experiencing some UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION issues in soem cases when our partners are trying to rest thier password . Have a Php Porral where our partners login for the salesforce PRM and do teh deal registration.

We have a funtionality where Partner can clink of forget password to reset their password. Below is teh code snippet is beinged to make teh call to salesforce for setting partner user password.

Calls made to salesforce

define("SOAP_CLIENT_BASEDIR", "sites/all/libraries/salesforce/toolkit/soapclient");

$sf_info = salesforce_info(); // gets our credentials

require_once (SOAP_CLIENT_BASEDIR.'/SforceEnterpriseClient.php');

$mySforceConnection = new SforceEnterpriseClient();

$mySoapClient = $mySforceConnection->createConnection(SOAP_CLIENT_BASEDIR.'/enterprise.wsdl.xml');

$mylogin = $mySforceConnection->login($sf_info['username'], $sf_info['password']);

$mySforceConnection->setPassword($sf['sf_user_id'], $_POST['pass_2']);

Most of the cases it works for us. but in some cases , we are getting below exception

"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 277723604-12236 (2099002656) in SoapClient->__call()"

Any one has experienced similar problem , can through some lights ?

I have also created a ticket with Salesforce for help and I am trying to extend the post for anyone in the developer forum can help here.

Thanks

Any one has used Up and Down picklist values on Vote Object using Vote API. I have a requirement to insert data into vote object using Vote API for Knowledge articles.

I am able to insert data with Type 1 through 5 but when I do the same with Up or Down i am getting below error

"Invalid vote type 'Up(db=0,api=Up)' for voting mode '2(db=2,api=Rank1To5)'.: Vote Value"

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I am trying to create data in vote SObject object for Knowledge Article Votes. I researched the Vote sObject and it looks like Vote Object Type pick list value is supported with 1 through 5 , Up and Down values.

I do not see any issues while inserting any data with Type values 1 through 5 , however when I try to insert data with Type as Up or own I get following error

Invalid vote type 'Up(db=0,api=Up)' for voting mode '2(db=2,api=Rank1To5)'.: Vote Value

Any one have explored insrting data into vote object either  from Code using APIs or through data loader ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Himanshu

Hi,

I extended the Article Type object and Added a Field of type File. Filed name is Files_to_attach__c. I trield to Access the Field in SOQL as Follows 

Select b.Files_to_attach__c,b.Author__c,b.ArticleNumber,b.Title,b.status__c from Book__kav b
                                where PublishStatus = 'Online' and Id =:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id') ; 

But I got an Error :

ErrorError: ArticleDetailsController Compile Error: No such column 'Files_to_attach__c' on entity 'Book__kav'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 101 column 31. 

After that I found the File Field has subfields Files_to_attach__Name__s (type is Text)

Files_to_attach__ContentType__s (type is picklist)

Files_to_attach__Length__s (type Number 9,0)

Files_to_attach__Body__s (type Text area).

SOQL allowing to query the subfields . I want to know How to retrieve the File id for the Field Files_to_attach__Name__s so that when Im clicking on the File name I can down load the File.

Please share with me if any other approaches are available.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

SureshKumar.C