• 5 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

The code below is inside a datatable and the columntotal component will not rerender ( highlighed in red) as expected. This code is inside a pageBlock table and I do not want to rerender the entire table because it will slow the user's entry too  much. The rerender does work for the rowtotal componenet which is a column outside of the apex:repeat component. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

<apex:repeat value="{!wrappedColumns}" var="col" id="myrepeat">
<apex:column id="mycolumn">
<apex:facet name="header">{!col.header}</apex:facet>
<apex:inputtext value="{!target[col.Value]}" size="{!targetinputwidth}" rendered="{!target.TargetName <> ''}">
<apex:actionSupport action="{!UpdateAllTargetRowTotals}" event="onchange" rerender="rowtotal, columntotal" />
</apex:inputtext>
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputpanel id="columntotal" layout="none">
<apex:outputtext value="{!col.columntotal}" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
</apex:column>
</apex:repeat>

• October 22, 2013

I have an asynchronous process that runs on a scheduled basis. I have a VisualForce page with an action poller updating the status of the job while the user is on the page. I want to rerender a section of the page (output panel contaning a page block table) after the job is complete.

I tried having a field on the page that I updated when the job was complete and then using actionsupport with event onchange to update the table but that doesn't rerender the section ever though it looks like the field is updating ok.

The only thing that works is specifying the rerender attribute of the action poller to rerender the outputpanel, but that means I update everytime the polling occurs and I only want to rerender when the job is finished because the table can get fairly large.

Appreciate any help.

• October 01, 2013

I have a class that updates a custom field on quote line item on after insert and after update. The sort order of the quote line items factor into the logic but it seems like the after update trigger for quote line items does not trigger if all the user does is change the sort order of the quote line items. If this is in fact the case, is there a workaround so I can execute my class when the sort order of the quote line items change? 

• November 28, 2012

Hi All, 

There are plenty of code online that looks at inserting Attachments into Salesforce objects however I have a requirement to do something a little different to this.

Whenever a file is manually uploaded onto a Case object as an Attachment on the Case record, I would like to have a trigger that inserts the same Attachment into the Chatter Feed as a File on the same Case record. Although I can write the trigger of picking up the Attachments fine, I do not know where to start in APEX if I wanted to insert this Chatter Feed File using the trigger.

Could someone please direct me on what standared objects and calls I should be making to insert this Feed File?

Many thanks!

I have a class that updates a custom field on quote line item on after insert and after update. The sort order of the quote line items factor into the logic but it seems like the after update trigger for quote line items does not trigger if all the user does is change the sort order of the quote line items. If this is in fact the case, is there a workaround so I can execute my class when the sort order of the quote line items change? 

• November 28, 2012