• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have added some basic javascript to a visualforce page with the case standard controller. The javascript works and executes fine, but when inline-editing a record and the standard "save" button is clicked, my javascript event listeners are wiped away from the elements on the page. Has anyone experienced this behavior and found a workaround?

We have just rolled out salesforce knowledge in our org, but for some reason, the detach button does not work from the case page layout. Is there any way that I can attach/detach articles manually via Apex? I never looked into this functionality as we used the out of the box functionality for creating articles from the case. Thank you all!

Michael

I have added some basic javascript to a visualforce page with the case standard controller. The javascript works and executes fine, but when inline-editing a record and the standard "save" button is clicked, my javascript event listeners are wiped away from the elements on the page. Has anyone experienced this behavior and found a workaround?

All,

Because of a problem in a migration of knowledge base articles from a 3rd party system, we need to update a few thousands articles. Unfortunately, Salesforce doesn't allow to programmatically update the article objects, whether through the API or Apex.

The solutions seems to be either update manually the solutions (which is hardly feasible considering the number) or wipe all the solutions and start the migration again (except we've already started using some articles).

An alternative I'm investigating is to write a program that would generate a huge Windows PowerShell script that would create an Internet Explorer instance and control it to log in and programmatically modify each article, one at a time. But before going that route I was wondering if people have other suggestions.

Thanks,

Laurent