• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This feels like a silly questions, but everything I've tried has not worked, so hopefully someone else can help me out.

We have some multi-select picklist fields on a record. The Visual Workflow steps through different topics, and based on the user's response, will add or not add values to a variable that then gets saved to the multi-select picklist field. I have been using the assignment element to add the values to the variable. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to format properly with semicolons, linebreaks (or even spaces, really) between values. Any spaces or semicolons I include are ignored, but any other formatting i attempt includes ALL markup characters.

These are the values I've tried adding to the variable through the assignment element, and the result that got saved to the record:

Value                      Result

Emergency;   --> Emergency
'Emergency;' --> 'Emergency;'
Emergency <br/> --> Emergency <br/>
Emergency & BR() --> Emergency & BR()
"Emergency;" --> "Emergency;"

Any suggestions?

This feels like a silly questions, but everything I've tried has not worked, so hopefully someone else can help me out.

We have some multi-select picklist fields on a record. The Visual Workflow steps through different topics, and based on the user's response, will add or not add values to a variable that then gets saved to the multi-select picklist field. I have been using the assignment element to add the values to the variable. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to format properly with semicolons, linebreaks (or even spaces, really) between values. Any spaces or semicolons I include are ignored, but any other formatting i attempt includes ALL markup characters.

These are the values I've tried adding to the variable through the assignment element, and the result that got saved to the record:

Value                      Result

Emergency;   --> Emergency
'Emergency;' --> 'Emergency;'
Emergency <br/> --> Emergency <br/>
Emergency & BR() --> Emergency & BR()
"Emergency;" --> "Emergency;"

Any suggestions?

I'm creating a drop down with two choices and each with "show input on selection" checked. How do i refer the value passed into the text box. Where is that value stored.

I have a force.com site where the guest user account creates records.  The problem I have is that internal users seem to be below that guest account in the hierarchy (they can't delete records owned by the guest account).  I share records owned by the guest account to internal users (read/write), but they still can't delete.  I must be missing something simple here.  ??

• April 13, 2012