• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am an Apex noob and have never written an Apex trigger. I suspect that is what is required to do this. I am using basic Salesforce Accounts and Activities. I have tried to find a similar post on this board but have not found anything that does what I am trying to do - as simple as it may seem ;).

I have a read-only custom field in Accounts called CallCount_c (type number). I have a picklist field in Activities (aka Tasks) called MyActivity_c. I would like the custom field in Accounts to reflect the count of Activity records for this account where the MyActivity_c = "Phone Call". The Activity (Task) has a 'Related To" picklist where I choose 'Account" and then select the account to which this Activity is to be related.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance for reading, replies...

Hi All,

I am an Apex noob and have never written an Apex trigger. I suspect that is what is required to do this. I am using basic Salesforce Accounts and Activities. I have tried to find a similar post on this board but have not found anything that does what I am trying to do - as simple as it may seem ;).

I have a read-only custom field in Accounts called CallCount_c (type number). I have a picklist field in Activities (aka Tasks) called MyActivity_c. I would like the custom field in Accounts to reflect the count of Activity records for this account where the MyActivity_c = "Phone Call". The Activity (Task) has a 'Related To" picklist where I choose 'Account" and then select the account to which this Activity is to be related.

Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance for reading, replies...