• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

HI,

Am a Newbie in working with APIs.  I dono how to start and where to start, but i want to integrated the Attendence/Access control device with salesforce and save the records in a custom object.. I have got the Hardware API.

whether is it possible to use the API directly and access the Hardware from salwesforce or i want to go for a .net app and integrate that app with salesforce.

could any one guide me plz.  some examples and documents will do gud.

Thankyou

sathya

Hi

In my organization  Users are Using Different Time Zones example( US-07:00, Uk +04:00).  I know whenever a record is saved in Salesforce it will be saved in UTC timing. And when I run a Lead standard report it converts the UtC timings to the Corresponding owner Timing and giving the Report.. But Am trying to write a Custom Report Between certain dates. Fore example I used as

"CreatedDate >=2013-04-01T00:00:00z and CreatedDate <=2013-04-30T23:59:59z"  It gives the report as per UTC timing and it is not converting as per Lead owners time zone. So am getting the difference in  standard and Custom Reports.

Can anyone help me out.

ThankYou

HI 

Am new to the Validation Rules. Am trying to Make the Lead Status Non Editable using a Validation Rule "ISCHANGED( Status )".. its working fine.. But the problem is, when i try to convert the lead to Opp the status will change to "Warm/Samples Sent" and there throws the Error. I could't able to convert the lead to Opp.

ThankU

Hi I have a custom setting(CS) field where am saving a SOQL Query. I am passing this query thru the CS field to a global SOBJECT. Now I want to access the field in the sObject which was predefined in the Query. 

Query saved in CustomSetting: "login_cred " field "Soqlogin" = "SELECT Id,Registration_Approved__c,SiteProfile__c,SiteProfile__r.Name__c,SiteProfile__r.Default_Home_Page__r.Name__c FROM Contact WHERE UserName__c = username.toLowerCase() AND Password__C = :password "

global static SObject currentContact;

List<login_cred__c> logcredlist =[SELECT soqlogin__c FROM login_cred__c LIMIT 1];
string logcred = logcredlist[0].soqlogin__c;

currentContact = Database.query(logcred);

String profileName = currentContact.SiteProfile__r.Name__c;

Here am getting an error something like :"Save error: Field expression not allowed for generic SObject " 

Thanks in advance.

Sathya.S

Hi

In my organization  Users are Using Different Time Zones example( US-07:00, Uk +04:00).  I know whenever a record is saved in Salesforce it will be saved in UTC timing. And when I run a Lead standard report it converts the UtC timings to the Corresponding owner Timing and giving the Report.. But Am trying to write a Custom Report Between certain dates. Fore example I used as

"CreatedDate >=2013-04-01T00:00:00z and CreatedDate <=2013-04-30T23:59:59z"  It gives the report as per UTC timing and it is not converting as per Lead owners time zone. So am getting the difference in  standard and Custom Reports.

Can anyone help me out.

ThankYou

Hi I have a custom setting(CS) field where am saving a SOQL Query. I am passing this query thru the CS field to a global SOBJECT. Now I want to access the field in the sObject which was predefined in the Query. 

Query saved in CustomSetting: "login_cred " field "Soqlogin" = "SELECT Id,Registration_Approved__c,SiteProfile__c,SiteProfile__r.Name__c,SiteProfile__r.Default_Home_Page__r.Name__c FROM Contact WHERE UserName__c = username.toLowerCase() AND Password__C = :password "

global static SObject currentContact;

List<login_cred__c> logcredlist =[SELECT soqlogin__c FROM login_cred__c LIMIT 1];
string logcred = logcredlist[0].soqlogin__c;

currentContact = Database.query(logcred);

String profileName = currentContact.SiteProfile__r.Name__c;

Here am getting an error something like :"Save error: Field expression not allowed for generic SObject " 

Thanks in advance.

Sathya.S

This is just some example code, I don't want the focus of what I'm doing to cloud the concept I'm trying to figure out.

code:

sobject[] something = [SELECT Contact.FirstName, Contact.Account.Name, contact.account.type from Contact];

I've used sobject[] here instead of contact[] because in my project the query is dynamic and could be from a different table.

My question is, how do I get the relationship field from this? Normally, I know you can do this:

string theName = something[0].Account.Name;

However, this results in the error: Field expression not allowed for generic SObject

How do I get around this?

• April 29, 2012