• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear Folks,

I have been struggling with trying to write a trigger to update a balance on a bill when a payment is made on it. The progress I have made is below:

trigger UpdateBalanceOnPayment on Payment__c (after insert) {
    for (Payment__c payment : Trigger.new) {
        Bill__c bill = [SELECT Id, Balance__c FROM Bill__c
            WHERE Id = :payment.Bill__c.Id];
    }
}

For some reason the Force.com IDE says invalid foreign key relationship and does not synchronize with the server.

Each payment will have a master detail relationship with the associated bill when it is saved and I want to reduce the balance on the bill by the amount made by the payment after the payment is saved.

However I have not even got to that stage yet because it looks like I have made a mistake in the query. I would appreciate any pointers you can lend on this problem.

Many Thanks

nandac

• April 19, 2013

Dear Folks,

I have created  a site for an application I am building but am unable to login to the site. I have created a number of users but whenever I use their username and password I juts get the following error:

Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct.

I have also tried using the system administrator account but that does not work either.

I would appreciate any pointers on this matter.

Thanks,

• April 18, 2013

Hi,

I working on a billing application where I have bill custom object that contains a balance custom field.

I want to set the balance custom field to the total amount on the bill on save when the bill is created. Should this be done through a trigger or a formula field?

i also need to update the balance field whenever a payment is made, and would like to know if a formula field can be updated, through  a workflow where a payment is made against a bill?

If there are better ways to do this please let me know.

Cheers

• April 08, 2013

Dear Folks,

I have been struggling with trying to write a trigger to update a balance on a bill when a payment is made on it. The progress I have made is below:

trigger UpdateBalanceOnPayment on Payment__c (after insert) {
    for (Payment__c payment : Trigger.new) {
        Bill__c bill = [SELECT Id, Balance__c FROM Bill__c
            WHERE Id = :payment.Bill__c.Id];
    }
}

For some reason the Force.com IDE says invalid foreign key relationship and does not synchronize with the server.

Each payment will have a master detail relationship with the associated bill when it is saved and I want to reduce the balance on the bill by the amount made by the payment after the payment is saved.

However I have not even got to that stage yet because it looks like I have made a mistake in the query. I would appreciate any pointers you can lend on this problem.

Many Thanks

nandac

• April 19, 2013

Dear Folks,

I have created  a site for an application I am building but am unable to login to the site. I have created a number of users but whenever I use their username and password I juts get the following error:

Your login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct.

I have also tried using the system administrator account but that does not work either.

I would appreciate any pointers on this matter.

Thanks,

• April 18, 2013

Hi,

I working on a billing application where I have bill custom object that contains a balance custom field.

I want to set the balance custom field to the total amount on the bill on save when the bill is created. Should this be done through a trigger or a formula field?

i also need to update the balance field whenever a payment is made, and would like to know if a formula field can be updated, through  a workflow where a payment is made against a bill?

If there are better ways to do this please let me know.

Cheers

• April 08, 2013