• Systems and Data
  • Codman Square NDC

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I was wondering if it would be possible to fool SPAM bots with a hidden html field.  I have acreated a number field called "Validation" and I put an assignment rule as if the value is greater than zero that it will be marked as SPAM and won't fill employees mailboxes with emails telling them a Lead has been created.  In your experience, would the bots still fill this out or would this not be worth reconfiguring our website?

I am attempting to add a Captcha to our non-profit's web-to-lead page.  Our website is run by a third-party web developer and I have cut and pasted the HTML generated from SalesForce and emailed it to him to implement.  Since then a SPAM bot has found our site and I am now trying to add a CAPTCHA to stop it. I originally contacted our web master who pointed me back to SalesForce since they host the form.  I am trying to follow all of the written literature that is out there, but I only have a very elementary understanding of HTML and no knowledge of any other scripting languages such as PHP and cURL.  I'm trying to follow the article at the bottom of the page, which many pages seem to link to.  I (think) I've created a reCAPTCHA through Google and have a "Private" and "Public" Key.  I understand that I need to input these in my HTML script somewhere, but I'm not seeing the connection in anything I read.  For instance in the article linked below it has screen shots of a PHP and a cURL script.  Where are these scripts in cyber space?  If anyone could dumb this whole process down for me it would be incredibly appreciated.

http://malebolgia.shadowsonawall.net/code-programming/captcha-with-salesforce.html

I was wondering if it would be possible to fool SPAM bots with a hidden html field.  I have acreated a number field called "Validation" and I put an assignment rule as if the value is greater than zero that it will be marked as SPAM and won't fill employees mailboxes with emails telling them a Lead has been created.  In your experience, would the bots still fill this out or would this not be worth reconfiguring our website?

I am attempting to add a Captcha to our non-profit's web-to-lead page.  Our website is run by a third-party web developer and I have cut and pasted the HTML generated from SalesForce and emailed it to him to implement.  Since then a SPAM bot has found our site and I am now trying to add a CAPTCHA to stop it. I originally contacted our web master who pointed me back to SalesForce since they host the form.  I am trying to follow all of the written literature that is out there, but I only have a very elementary understanding of HTML and no knowledge of any other scripting languages such as PHP and cURL.  I'm trying to follow the article at the bottom of the page, which many pages seem to link to.  I (think) I've created a reCAPTCHA through Google and have a "Private" and "Public" Key.  I understand that I need to input these in my HTML script somewhere, but I'm not seeing the connection in anything I read.  For instance in the article linked below it has screen shots of a PHP and a cURL script.  Where are these scripts in cyber space?  If anyone could dumb this whole process down for me it would be incredibly appreciated.

http://malebolgia.shadowsonawall.net/code-programming/captcha-with-salesforce.html

I am new to this so I assume this is a pretty simple question. I am trying to develop an e-mail alert that is sent when an Attachment is added to an Account. I am trying to get the Account name in the email. When I receive the email the subject just says: "Attachment Added: name". Attachment and Account are related through parentid, but I am having trouble returning account fields on an Attachment trigger. What am I doing wrong?  

trigger Send_email on Attachment (after insert) {
Attachment attach = trigger.new[0];
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'ja@example.com'};
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setReplyTo('support@example.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Support');
mail.setSubject('Attachment Added : ' + account.name);
mail.setPlainTextBody('work please');
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}