• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

::::: UPDATE: Several people have reached out to me for this project (THANK YOU!). I no longer need assistance.  :::::

Hi all,

I've managed to configure my company's Customer Portal to a functioning state, but there are a few more advanced features I'd like added in that are beyond my development capabilities. I'd love to learn them but I don't have enough time.

Here's what I'd like created, in order of importance:

1. Allow members to update their contact information based on the fields in the Contacts tab. Specifically, I want a lookup for the Account the user is assigned to, and then have the ability for them to edit their email, job title, and some custom fields I've created in the Contacts area (namely a "Committees" field that allows users to assign/unassign themselves to our committees).

According to a Salesforce engineer I asked, we can allow users to assign/un-assign the "Committees" field, but doing it from the Contact record won’t be possible; cross-object workflows with child records is the way to go.  They suggest I leverage the custom formula field to show up in a child or, alternatively, create a Visualforce page. That's where they lost me.

2. Allow a community aspect where users may talk to each other/chat. I was told that Chatter Answers was the best way to do this. It was enabled but not set-up on my end, so I'd need that finished.

3. I'd love to create a job board. We have one currently through Wordpress but it makes sense that it would live in the portal moving forward. The jobs posted would need to be viewed (but not edited) externally. That way we can show the jobs on our main website for the general public.

If anyone out there can assist me with the three pieces of work (or even just one or two of them) I'd be very grateful. Please message and we'll speak one on one. I have a budget (albiet modest) allocated to get this done.

I'm also open to anyone who has the graphical skills with designing portals as well, since mine is pretty ugly so far. I want it to look a bit sleeker.

Thanks!

Julie

::::: UPDATE: Several people have reached out to me for this project (THANK YOU!). I no longer need assistance.  :::::

Hi all,

I've managed to configure my company's Customer Portal to a functioning state, but there are a few more advanced features I'd like added in that are beyond my development capabilities. I'd love to learn them but I don't have enough time.

Here's what I'd like created, in order of importance:

1. Allow members to update their contact information based on the fields in the Contacts tab. Specifically, I want a lookup for the Account the user is assigned to, and then have the ability for them to edit their email, job title, and some custom fields I've created in the Contacts area (namely a "Committees" field that allows users to assign/unassign themselves to our committees).

According to a Salesforce engineer I asked, we can allow users to assign/un-assign the "Committees" field, but doing it from the Contact record won’t be possible; cross-object workflows with child records is the way to go.  They suggest I leverage the custom formula field to show up in a child or, alternatively, create a Visualforce page. That's where they lost me.

2. Allow a community aspect where users may talk to each other/chat. I was told that Chatter Answers was the best way to do this. It was enabled but not set-up on my end, so I'd need that finished.

3. I'd love to create a job board. We have one currently through Wordpress but it makes sense that it would live in the portal moving forward. The jobs posted would need to be viewed (but not edited) externally. That way we can show the jobs on our main website for the general public.

If anyone out there can assist me with the three pieces of work (or even just one or two of them) I'd be very grateful. Please message and we'll speak one on one. I have a budget (albiet modest) allocated to get this done.

I'm also open to anyone who has the graphical skills with designing portals as well, since mine is pretty ugly so far. I want it to look a bit sleeker.

Thanks!

Julie