• 5 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am creating a <apex:inputField> for account lookup. I want to call a controller method and rerender some componenets when the lookup value is changed.

<apex:inputField id="account" value="{!account}" required="true">
    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!loadAccountDependantFields}"                             reRender="legalName,accountLeadRegion,accountCID,accountAMLExempt,relatedOpportunities"/>
</apex:inputField>

The lookup and AJAX call works fine if the account value selected using lookup is small and fits in the width of the displayed input field.

However the onchange even does not seem to be fired when the selected account name is large and does not fit within input box of lookup.

Any idea about the reason and is there any workaround to handle large account name?

Thank you,

Sanket

Is there a way, we can create table within a table column in VisualForce?

I am unable to use <apex:repeat> within <apex:column>. I can use <apex:dataTable> within <apex:column>, but in this case it shows the column headers of inner table as well, which I do not want.

Any pointers would be helpfull.

Thank you,

Sanket

I am wondering if there is a way we can specify more than one components in rerender attribute of any component.

I guess one way we can achieve is to put all components to be rerendered in once panel and then rerender that panel. However, our requirement is that we need to rerender two components which cannot be put in a single panel due to the layout requirement.

Is there any way/workaournd to achieve this?

Thank you,

Is there a way, we can create table within a table column in VisualForce?

I am unable to use <apex:repeat> within <apex:column>. I can use <apex:dataTable> within <apex:column>, but in this case it shows the column headers of inner table as well, which I do not want.

Any pointers would be helpfull.

Thank you,

Sanket

I am wondering if there is a way we can specify more than one components in rerender attribute of any component.

I guess one way we can achieve is to put all components to be rerendered in once panel and then rerender that panel. However, our requirement is that we need to rerender two components which cannot be put in a single panel due to the layout requirement.

Is there any way/workaournd to achieve this?

Thank you,