• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
About Us
We are a startup company focused on user-friendly, inutitive software for the healthcare insurance market.

Contract Information
We are seeking to develop a profitable relationship with an individual that has a proven track record in Salesforce app implementations. Specifically, this individual will play a strong technical role in the first implementaiton of our flagship product.

Requirements:
  1. This position is a virtual position. Must be able to attend conference calls and respond to e-mail in a timely manner, especially during active implementation.
  2. Must be able to consult upon and provide the technical skills to effectively create a database crosswalk with our client(s). Clients database architecture may vary. 
  3. Must be able to consult upon general application implementation.
To learn more, please write us at info@saphenia.net.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hello SF Decs,

I am using the Service Cloud and am experiencing an issue with URL Landing Pages when links are clicked within PageBlockTables. Below are the two options I have attempted:

OPTION 1 - Works Beautifully, however I need Methods to utilize conditional IF Statement
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AuthPartyList}" var="AuthParty">
<apex:column>
<a href="javascript:sforce.console.openPrimaryTab(null , 'https://na15.salesforce.com/apex/{!AuthParty.Party_URL__c}?id= !AuthParty.Party_ID__c}', true, '{!AuthParty.Party_Name__c}', null, null);">{!AuthParty.Party_Name__c}</a>
</apex:column>
<apex:column value="{!AuthParty.Relationship_Type__c}"/>
<apex:column value="{!AuthParty.CreatedDate}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

OPTION 2 - Does not work Beautifully. For some reason, the "CLICK" always behaves as the LAST RECORD IN THE LIST. Click Record 3, System acts as though you clicked record 5 (last record)

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!OtherActions}" var="action">
<apex:column >
<apex:outputlink onClick="OpenOtherActA();return false">
{!action.Name}
<script type="text/javascript">
        function OpenOtherActA() {
            sforce.console.getEnclosingPrimaryTabId(OpenOtherActB);
        }
        var OpenOtherActB = function OpenOtherActB(result) {
            var tabId = result.id;
            sforce.console.openPrimaryTab(tabId , 'https://na15.salesforce.com/apex/{!action.URL__c}?actionname={!action.Name}', true, ' ', null, null);
        };
    </script>
</apex:outputlink>

PLEASE HELP!
Hello Salesforcians,

Can somebody please help me. I am extremely confused. I work strictly in the service console and I cannot figure out the "stock" push notifications feature for the life of me.

According to the documention (link posted below) two users working simultaneously on the same list or detail page will be informed of any updates. However, I CANNOT duplicate this. I even tried duplicating the issue in a stock salesforce list and still no luck.

I literally open two seperate browsers on the same case, make a change, nothing happens. I have the objects and fields properly selected.

Worst case scenario, I can set up my own streaming API. But why? When it's built it!

Please help! Kudos are waiting :-)
Thanks in advance!

Push Notifications: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=console2_push_notifications.htm&language=en_US

I am having a small issue in my service cloud app. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue in the past.

APP Architecture: All standard objects. I have replaced the standard objects VIEW and NEW page references with custom VF.

Steps to recreate error:

1. Create new record on standard NEW page -- custom VF page
  2. Click save - default {!save}
  3. DML success record relocates to standard VIEW -- custom VF page
  4.  "refresh" browser on detail page
  • page now relocates to a new standard NEW page with all empty fields

This is a major problem for me as it drastically affects my user experience. I thought about creating an action on my detail page <apex:page> which refreshed the page (again). This has not been tested yet.

I first noticed the issue when speeding through my app as it has a semi "wizard" feel and I noticed I was occasionally getting kicked back to blank NEW pages.

your thoughts?

Hello!

I am very new to Visual Force, roughly 4 weeks. 

I currently am in the process creating of creating a two page wizard. Pretty standard, multiple steps powered by one controller. 

Page One of the wizard allows the user to create an item. (Master-Detail Parent)

Page Two of the wizard allows the user to take that same item and add as many sub-items as they wish.  (Child)

Here is my only snag. Due to their relation, SUB-ITEM has a lookup field that is based off the ITEM name.

Upon creating the item and landing on page 2, I do not want the user to manually choose the item name in the subitem lookup field again to associate it with the parent. 

What are my options?

1) So far I only attempted a preliminary insert statememt of subitem.item__c = item.name__c which gave me the good old string id error. I assume this is because a lookup does not work simply by pulling the string as im sure it related to the ID on the backend. 

2) I figured another way to do it would be writing java script to grab the apex:inputhidden item.name text and paste it into the lookup field.

3) Or possibly use a trigger?

I have stewed on this for awhile but I figured I would mention this on the forums as I do not want a band-aid or a quick fix. I want to learn how to do it the write way as this will be a recurring problem as i continue my development.

In advance, I greatly appreciate your assistance! 

About Us
We are a startup company focused on user-friendly, inutitive software for the healthcare insurance market.

Contract Information
We are seeking to develop a profitable relationship with an individual that has a proven track record in Salesforce app implementations. Specifically, this individual will play a strong technical role in the first implementaiton of our flagship product.

Requirements:
  1. This position is a virtual position. Must be able to attend conference calls and respond to e-mail in a timely manner, especially during active implementation.
  2. Must be able to consult upon and provide the technical skills to effectively create a database crosswalk with our client(s). Clients database architecture may vary. 
  3. Must be able to consult upon general application implementation.
To learn more, please write us at info@saphenia.net.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hello SF Decs,

I am using the Service Cloud and am experiencing an issue with URL Landing Pages when links are clicked within PageBlockTables. Below are the two options I have attempted:

OPTION 1 - Works Beautifully, however I need Methods to utilize conditional IF Statement
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!AuthPartyList}" var="AuthParty">
<apex:column>
<a href="javascript:sforce.console.openPrimaryTab(null , 'https://na15.salesforce.com/apex/{!AuthParty.Party_URL__c}?id= !AuthParty.Party_ID__c}', true, '{!AuthParty.Party_Name__c}', null, null);">{!AuthParty.Party_Name__c}</a>
<apex:column value="{!AuthParty.Relationship_Type__c}"/>
<apex:column value="{!AuthParty.CreatedDate}"/>

OPTION 2 - Does not work Beautifully. For some reason, the "CLICK" always behaves as the LAST RECORD IN THE LIST. Click Record 3, System acts as though you clicked record 5 (last record)

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!OtherActions}" var="action">
<apex:column >
<apex:outputlink onClick="OpenOtherActA();return false">
{!action.Name}
<script type="text/javascript">
        function OpenOtherActA() {
            sforce.console.getEnclosingPrimaryTabId(OpenOtherActB);
        }
        var OpenOtherActB = function OpenOtherActB(result) {
            var tabId = result.id;
            sforce.console.openPrimaryTab(tabId , 'https://na15.salesforce.com/apex/{!action.URL__c}?actionname={!action.Name}', true, ' ', null, null);
        };
    </script>
</apex:outputlink>

PLEASE HELP!
Hello Salesforcians,

Can somebody please help me. I am extremely confused. I work strictly in the service console and I cannot figure out the "stock" push notifications feature for the life of me.

According to the documention (link posted below) two users working simultaneously on the same list or detail page will be informed of any updates. However, I CANNOT duplicate this. I even tried duplicating the issue in a stock salesforce list and still no luck.

I literally open two seperate browsers on the same case, make a change, nothing happens. I have the objects and fields properly selected.

Worst case scenario, I can set up my own streaming API. But why? When it's built it!

Please help! Kudos are waiting :-)
Thanks in advance!

Push Notifications: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=console2_push_notifications.htm&language=en_US
Hi,
We have this vf page which works fine but links dont open in console, it opens in normal case page layout

<apex:page StandardController="Case" tabStyle="Case" Extensions="RecentEsc">
    <apex:form style="width:100%;height:400px">
        <apex:pageBlock mode="maindetail">
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Resultsall}" var="o">
                        <apex:column headerValue="Case Number">
                           <apex:outputLink value="/{!o.id}" target="_blank">{!o.CaseNumber}</apex:outputLink>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Contact Name" value="{!o.Contact.Name}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Status" value="{!o.Status}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Priority" value="{!o.Priority}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Subject" value="{!o.Subject}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Date/Time Opened" value="{!o.CreatedDate}"/>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Owner Name" value="{!o.Owner.Name}"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

How do i ensure it opens in service console.
I noticed this online but not sure how to use this code on page above.
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/Content/sforce_api_console_sample_vf.htm

thanks

I am having a small issue in my service cloud app. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue in the past.

APP Architecture: All standard objects. I have replaced the standard objects VIEW and NEW page references with custom VF.

Steps to recreate error:

1. Create new record on standard NEW page -- custom VF page
  2. Click save - default {!save}
  3. DML success record relocates to standard VIEW -- custom VF page
  4.  "refresh" browser on detail page
  • page now relocates to a new standard NEW page with all empty fields

This is a major problem for me as it drastically affects my user experience. I thought about creating an action on my detail page <apex:page> which refreshed the page (again). This has not been tested yet.

I first noticed the issue when speeding through my app as it has a semi "wizard" feel and I noticed I was occasionally getting kicked back to blank NEW pages.

your thoughts?

Hello!

I am very new to Visual Force, roughly 4 weeks. 

I currently am in the process creating of creating a two page wizard. Pretty standard, multiple steps powered by one controller. 

Page One of the wizard allows the user to create an item. (Master-Detail Parent)

Page Two of the wizard allows the user to take that same item and add as many sub-items as they wish.  (Child)

Here is my only snag. Due to their relation, SUB-ITEM has a lookup field that is based off the ITEM name.

Upon creating the item and landing on page 2, I do not want the user to manually choose the item name in the subitem lookup field again to associate it with the parent. 

What are my options?

1) So far I only attempted a preliminary insert statememt of subitem.item__c = item.name__c which gave me the good old string id error. I assume this is because a lookup does not work simply by pulling the string as im sure it related to the ID on the backend. 

2) I figured another way to do it would be writing java script to grab the apex:inputhidden item.name text and paste it into the lookup field.

3) Or possibly use a trigger?

I have stewed on this for awhile but I figured I would mention this on the forums as I do not want a band-aid or a quick fix. I want to learn how to do it the write way as this will be a recurring problem as i continue my development.

In advance, I greatly appreciate your assistance!