• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Team,

I am trying to do a automated deployment every day. Every night querys for the latest change and then deploy only the changes to sandbox or prod.

I would like to use SVN as the source repository and Jenkins as the integration server to deploy with Ant script.

I have installed Force.com Migration Tool, the SVN and Jenkins successfully.
Now I need to configure Jenkins, is there any reference for me to accomplish this?

i have a concrete question:
The Ant script has a property file with password and URL, it will be needed during the deployment, where will it be saved and what can i do to keep the password not visible?

Regards,
Leo

The Mark Occurrences is very helpful in Eclipse, When clicking on a variable, all occurrences of this variable are highlighted. But it doesn't work in Force.com IDE.

For Example:

1. Dog dog = new Dog();
2. dog.bark();
3. dog.bark();

if i selecte the "dog" in the line , the "dog" will be highlighted, not the "dog " in 2 or 3.

Does anyone know what configuration option should I change?

Regards,

Leo

Hi All,

i want to display all the Account Name of all record in a VF page with follow code:

<apex:pagestandardController="Account" tabStyle="Account">

<apex:sectionHeader title="test"/>

<apex:form>

<apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlockSectiontitle="Account zum Vergleichen"columns="2"collapsible="false">

<apex:pageBlockTable title="Account Infor" value="{!account}" var="a">

<apex:column value="{!a.name}" />

</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

In the SF page it doesn't display the Account Name of all account record, it display only the titel.

if i navigate to an Account detail page with e.g.:https://na3.salesforce.com/001D000000IRt53, it displays only the Account name with this ID(001D000000IRt53).

But if i use the simmilar Code for a custom object, all records of the custom object will be displayed.

Can anyone please help me explain the code.

Thanks in Advance

Leo

Hallo,

I am starting develop in salesforce, i want to do the following exercise, I hope somebody can tell me, how should I start?

For example, there are two similar Contacts (Contact_1, Contact_2) with different addresses,

They should be displayed in one page: Contact_1 displays on the left side of the page, Contact_2 displays on the right side of the page. After click save button, Contact_1 take the address from Contact_2. or after click Cancel button, the Contact_2 should be deleted.

Could somebody tell me, how and where can i find a similar sample code. Or how should I start with this exercise? Should I define a visualforce page to slove?

thanks! 

Best regards,

Leo

The Mark Occurrences is very helpful in Eclipse, When clicking on a variable, all occurrences of this variable are highlighted. But it doesn't work in Force.com IDE.

For Example:

1. Dog dog = new Dog();
2. dog.bark();
3. dog.bark();

if i selecte the "dog" in the line , the "dog" will be highlighted, not the "dog " in 2 or 3.

Does anyone know what configuration option should I change?

Regards,

Leo

Hi All,

i want to display all the Account Name of all record in a VF page with follow code:

<apex:pagestandardController="Account" tabStyle="Account">

<apex:sectionHeader title="test"/>

<apex:form>

<apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlockSectiontitle="Account zum Vergleichen"columns="2"collapsible="false">

<apex:pageBlockTable title="Account Infor" value="{!account}" var="a">

<apex:column value="{!a.name}" />

</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

In the SF page it doesn't display the Account Name of all account record, it display only the titel.

if i navigate to an Account detail page with e.g.:https://na3.salesforce.com/001D000000IRt53, it displays only the Account name with this ID(001D000000IRt53).

But if i use the simmilar Code for a custom object, all records of the custom object will be displayed.

Can anyone please help me explain the code.

Thanks in Advance

Leo

Hallo,

I am starting develop in salesforce, i want to do the following exercise, I hope somebody can tell me, how should I start?

For example, there are two similar Contacts (Contact_1, Contact_2) with different addresses,

They should be displayed in one page: Contact_1 displays on the left side of the page, Contact_2 displays on the right side of the page. After click save button, Contact_1 take the address from Contact_2. or after click Cancel button, the Contact_2 should be deleted.

Could somebody tell me, how and where can i find a similar sample code. Or how should I start with this exercise? Should I define a visualforce page to slove?

thanks! 

Best regards,

Leo

I have a typical deployment scenario at my work place.

We have Perforce for Version control.

Here is the scenario:

A developer codes, customize or configure something in his dev org. He now checks in his changes to the version control repository called Perforce.

I have to do a automated deployment every night to query perforce for the latest changelist/Label dynamically and then deploy the changes to sandbox, prod etc. This one should be automated with no human interventions. Again this whole process of querying and then deploying should be automated. While querying i should be querying only the changed files based on a label or changelist and not all the files.

is there a way to handle this scenario and is there any reference for me to accomplish this?

Another question,

I have a folder that contains subfolders like objects, classes etc. can i do deployment using Ant migration tool without the package.xml file in it
Is the package.xml file really needed for any kind deployment.

This is a very critical req that has to be answered before noon. Please help me da.