• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help or direct me.

I am trying to write my first trigger from scratch (until now I've only really updated existing ones and very rarely at that).

I have an object called "Audit" which has a lookup relationship to another object called "Reviewer".

What I need to happed is the following.

If within the Audit object the lookup for the reviewer changes, then two things need to happen:

1. Within the OLD Reviewer object I need to update a field called "Workload" and decrement the value within it by 1.

2. Within the NEW Reviewer object I need to update a field called "Workload" and increment the value within it by 1.

(If either old or new are blank/null then do nothing for that step but continue with the other step)

I think the above sounds pretty straightforward really but I'm stuck.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

mi5tery

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help or direct me.

I am trying to write my first trigger from scratch (until now I've only really updated existing ones and very rarely at that).

I have an object called "Audit" which has a lookup relationship to another object called "Reviewer".

What I need to happed is the following.

If within the Audit object the lookup for the reviewer changes, then two things need to happen:

1. Within the OLD Reviewer object I need to update a field called "Workload" and decrement the value within it by 1.

2. Within the NEW Reviewer object I need to update a field called "Workload" and increment the value within it by 1.

(If either old or new are blank/null then do nothing for that step but continue with the other step)

I think the above sounds pretty straightforward really but I'm stuck.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

mi5tery