• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm looking for some (existing) ideas and/or Patterns that would allow me to work with a set of pre-configured child objects.

On a master object wizard available to end user, the end user adds all data necessary for master object, and then in the same wizard creates the relationship by including (via checkbox) any child objects that have been made available for inclusion.

Maybe not the best example, but say this is a budget airline selling a seat (master object) and during booking the passenger can include a possible 3 child objects (media set, blanket, meal) to be included or not.

Solution needs to be flexible enough to cater for possible new child objects being added to the system.

I suppose I will create some junction object linking children with master object under teh vover, whereas in the UI children are added while creting master object, rather than cretaing a child object and linking it up with parent.

• July 09, 2013

This is hard to debug and has been posted a couple of times, but this one came back to me:

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Now, I created a VF Page that uses a custom controler, which brings back details of a Candidate record in the Sample Recruiting application.

I'm logging is as user Clark Kentman, a standard platform user. Clark has only R permissions on the Candidate object.

If I understand it well, from a VF page with custome controller CRUD object and fied level permissions should be ignored as Apex class runs in system mode. My custom controler is defined without sharing as well. So shouldn't I see any Candidate Object under those circumstances regardless of record sharing?

In the security for the page, I have added the profile (standard platform user) and then in that profile itself I have enabled both controller class and VF page.

(For some reason, logged on as Clark I never see any page enabled in standard user profile, I do see the classes; logged on as admin I can see the pages added in standard user profile. Is this due to another permission?)

• July 01, 2013

I'm looking for some (existing) ideas and/or Patterns that would allow me to work with a set of pre-configured child objects.

On a master object wizard available to end user, the end user adds all data necessary for master object, and then in the same wizard creates the relationship by including (via checkbox) any child objects that have been made available for inclusion.

Maybe not the best example, but say this is a budget airline selling a seat (master object) and during booking the passenger can include a possible 3 child objects (media set, blanket, meal) to be included or not.

Solution needs to be flexible enough to cater for possible new child objects being added to the system.

I suppose I will create some junction object linking children with master object under teh vover, whereas in the UI children are added while creting master object, rather than cretaing a child object and linking it up with parent.

• July 09, 2013

This is hard to debug and has been posted a couple of times, but this one came back to me:

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

Now, I created a VF Page that uses a custom controler, which brings back details of a Candidate record in the Sample Recruiting application.

I'm logging is as user Clark Kentman, a standard platform user. Clark has only R permissions on the Candidate object.

If I understand it well, from a VF page with custome controller CRUD object and fied level permissions should be ignored as Apex class runs in system mode. My custom controler is defined without sharing as well. So shouldn't I see any Candidate Object under those circumstances regardless of record sharing?

In the security for the page, I have added the profile (standard platform user) and then in that profile itself I have enabled both controller class and VF page.

(For some reason, logged on as Clark I never see any page enabled in standard user profile, I do see the classes; logged on as admin I can see the pages added in standard user profile. Is this due to another permission?)

• July 01, 2013