• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm trying to import a service WSDL that uses external schemas. I tried flatenning the WSDL but it uses 5 different xsds all with their own namespaces and all of them are qualified. I can try and change the name spaces but I think the service will not be able to recongnize it as the elements will not have any namespace qualifiers. Including xlms:"service url" might work but I'm not sure how to iclude a namespace in apex for a request generated by wsdl2apex.

Another option I'm trying to explore would make use of XML DOM class and HttpRequest/Response classes to manually build the SOAP enveloper and handle responses. Has any one had experiences using Http classes for SOAP callouts?  What would the req.setMethod be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• August 19, 2013

Hi 

Is there a way we can display all fields of an object (not yet inserted/no ID) in edit mode in visualforce page? Is there a simpler approach than input fields/repeat/describe approach?

We are implementing a custom cloning solution mimicing standard cloner for one of our custom objects. And just like the standard cloning functionality, we would like to show all record fields for the user to change before they hit save (and we save the cloned record). Clone button was overridden to transfer user to a visualforce page, this is where we want to display all fields.

Thank you

Edit: Another solution I had in mind was to use apex:detail with inline support and subject=original record, use JS to remove the standard buttons and then clone the original record. But this approach I think is going to confuse the users.

• July 09, 2013

Hi 

Is there a way we can display all fields of an object (not yet inserted/no ID) in edit mode in visualforce page? Is there a simpler approach than input fields/repeat/describe approach?

We are implementing a custom cloning solution mimicing standard cloner for one of our custom objects. And just like the standard cloning functionality, we would like to show all record fields for the user to change before they hit save (and we save the cloned record). Clone button was overridden to transfer user to a visualforce page, this is where we want to display all fields.

Thank you

Edit: Another solution I had in mind was to use apex:detail with inline support and subject=original record, use JS to remove the standard buttons and then clone the original record. But this approach I think is going to confuse the users.

• July 09, 2013