• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using a dynamic SOQL search (using "Database.query") in an apex class that i'm using as the controller for a visualforce page. The fields that are searched do not change.

When I search for a value that exists in Contact.Name or Account.Name (indexed fields), the results appear in under 3 seconds. However when I search for a value that exists in an External ID text field (which as I understand, should also be indexed), the results take closer to 30 seconds. Subsequent testing has shown that whenever I use non-indexed fields the search time is around 30 seconds.

Is there any reason why an External ID text field wouldn't be indexed? Is there any way around it? I am currently looking into using SOSL instead of (or in addition to) SOQL, but have not yet found a sufficient solution.

I am using a dynamic SOQL search (using "Database.query") in an apex class that i'm using as the controller for a visualforce page. The fields that are searched do not change.

When I search for a value that exists in Contact.Name or Account.Name (indexed fields), the results appear in under 3 seconds. However when I search for a value that exists in an External ID text field (which as I understand, should also be indexed), the results take closer to 30 seconds. Subsequent testing has shown that whenever I use non-indexed fields the search time is around 30 seconds.

Is there any reason why an External ID text field wouldn't be indexed? Is there any way around it? I am currently looking into using SOSL instead of (or in addition to) SOQL, but have not yet found a sufficient solution.