• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Trying to upsert an Account record with the field " Parent", lookup field, mapped to an external Id on Account. It works fine when there is a valid value. If the value is blank, it throws an error sayin"INVALID_FIELD, No fields provided in an external foreign key reference in entity: Account". It works fine when I used Dataloader. The issue is with CastIron and Soap UI.

Please suggest an App  which could be used for SFDC related bug tracking and Source code versioning. Thanks

Is it possible to create a bar chart and table in the same component?. Something like a dashboard with joined components. If so, please let me know how.

I want to restrict all users, except admins, to our "Line of Sight - 10%" opportunity stage. Stated differently, "Line of Sight - 10%%" is the only opportunity stage a user should be able to set their opportunity to unless they're an admin. I've written the following rule. It allows admins to set to any stage like it should. However, it prevents everyone else from setting any opportunity stage. Meaning, users can't set the opportunity stage to "Line of Sight - 10%" like they should be able to. They also can't set it to any other stage but that is correct. Any idea what I'm missing?

AND(
	OR(
	ISNEW()
	ISCHANGED(StageName)),
	NOT(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Line of Sight - 10%")),
	$Profile.Name <> "Admin")
Thank you,
Nick
As i was trying to save a field and it shows the following error:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,138 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)
The formula of the field is:
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"SAP"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"MBS"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"SAD"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"SADP"),
Account.cost__c ,
IF(OR(ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"SAC"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"AEM"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"CC"),
IF( AND (OR( ISPICKVAL(Code__c ,"JR"),
ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"DR")),
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Account.Type__c,""))),
IF( OR(ISPICKVAL(Code__c,"AE")),
Account.cost__c/9,0))))

Can anyone please help me with this (or)  else can anyone suggest me how to use CASE function for this type of formula

Thanks,
This would sit within the standard Accounts object? Has anyone done something similar in their org?
I created a formula to change the lead created date into a working business hour i.e., 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. 
Lead Created system date             -->     Formula updated date
The formula field  Lead_In_Business_Hours__c is returning Date/Time value.

CASE(MOD( Lead_Created__c - DATE( 1900, 1, 8 ), 7 ), 
IF(AND ( 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) >= TIMEVALUE('07:00:00.000'), 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) < TIMEVALUE('14:00:00.000') 
), 
DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c) & ' 14:00:00'), 
IF( OR (TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) > TIMEVALUE('23:00:00.000'), 
AND(TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) > TIMEVALUE('00:00:00.000'), 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) < TIMEVALUE('07:00:00.000')) 
), 
DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c + 3) & ' 14:00:00'), 
Created_Date_Time__c 

), 
5, DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c + 2) & ' 14:00:00'), 
6, DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c + 1) & ' 14:00:00'), 
IF(AND ( 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) >= TIMEVALUE('07:00:00.000'), 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) < TIMEVALUE('14:00:00.000') 
), 
DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c) & ' 14:00:00'), 
IF(OR (TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) > TIMEVALUE('23:00:00.000'), 
AND(TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) > TIMEVALUE('00:00:00.000'), 
TIMEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c) < TIMEVALUE('07:00:00.000')) 

), 
DATETIMEVALUE(TEXT(Lead_Created__c + 1) & ' 14:00:00'), 
Created_Date_Time__c 

)

This formula is working fine. Lead_Created__c is returning the DATEVALUE(Created_Date_Time__c)
Created_Date_Time__c is also a formula field returning CreatedDate.

I created another formula  FirstCallSinceLeadCreated__c to return the text value which  calculates the days,hours and minutes in between the lead created (in business hours)and the first call made to the lead.
FirstTaskDateTime__c stores Date/time of the first call made to a lead. It can be in non business hours.

IF(FirstTaskDateTime__c - Lead_In_Business_Hours__c > 0, 
TEXT(
FLOOR(FirstTaskDateTime__c -  Lead_In_Business_Hours__c)
) & " Day(s) " &
TEXT(
ROUND(MOD((FirstTaskDateTime__c  - Lead_In_Business_Hours__c )*24,24),0)
) &" Hour(s) " &
TEXT(
ROUND(MOD((FirstTaskDateTime__c  - Lead_In_Business_Hours__c )*1440,60),0)
) &" Minute(s) ", 
   IF((FirstTaskDateTime__c-Lead_In_Business_Hours__c)<0,
    TEXT(
          FLOOR(FirstTaskDateTime__c -  Lead_In_Business_Hours__c)) & " Day(s) " &
    TEXT(
         Floor(MOD((FirstTaskDateTime__c - Lead_In_Business_Hours__c) *24,24))) &" Hour(s) " &
     TEXT(
        ROUND(MOD((FirstTaskDateTime__c - Lead_In_Business_Hours__c)*1440,60),0)
        ) &" Minute(s) ",""
)
)

**This formula gives me an error Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (12,493 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters
The same formula is working in workflow to update the field. But I want it through a formula field only. I tried breaking the formula and storing it to different fields but still getting the same error infact the characters are increasing.
Thanks in advance. 
Hi All,

I'm working with this formula below, it works great for past dates but need to have somethign to help me with dates in the future (i.e. for task that were made in the future). Not sure if the today function needs to change or if I need to add something to.

IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate = 0, "Today",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate <= 30, "Last 30 Days",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate <= 60, "Last 60 Days",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate <= 90, "Last 90 Days",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate <= 180, "Last 180 Days",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate <= 360, "Last 360 Days",
IF(TODAY() - LastActivityDate > 360, "Over a year", "No Activity"
)))))))

Hi, 

I have a requirement where on the EDIT Page(the edit page when we click on New on the object), When User select a value on the picklist to "Bill To" the field in the Location Name should be "Bill To Address". This needs to be pre populated before saving the record.

User-added image

As per the picture above, the location name should be updated in this screen to "Bill to Address" as soon as the user select the Type "Bill To" and user should be allowed to overwrite the Location Name "Bill to Address" to something and save the record.

Let me know if there are any solution to this.

Thanks,
Sujatha.M
  • November 06, 2017
How can I use values of a child object in parent object ? , when the parent child are in a lookup relationship ?
Hello All,

Im trying to use process builder and update a value from a long text area datatype field to a number data type field (both in the same object)
the long text area field is validated to be a number, is this possible with a formula and process builder ?|

It sounds crazy to use a long text area field for a number, but i can't change that data type field due to data loss 
I need to send email birthdays automatically based on the day and month within a custom object.

Is it possible to create a bar chart and table in the same component?. Something like a dashboard with joined components. If so, please let me know how.